Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-19-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
I rode my new Yellow Loogey over the weekend and I love it. I’m 6’ 230lbs and I just started riding this summer. I ride behind a 98 Malibu VLX with about 1000lbs of ballast along the port side. I started on the 5’6” Broadcast and the Trickboardz Mojo XL. The Yellow is my favorite so far. I’m surprised at how well I was able to ride it considering how small the board is and how much I weigh. I love how light the board is. I was able to pop a few small ollies and floaters and I got about as far as I did with the Mojo on a 360 which is about 2/3rds of the way around and then the toeside edge went under and I fell forward. Here is a video of me riding the Yellow.

http://www.wakepics.com/img/19579
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Hey Matt, thanks for the video. It is great to see what other people are doing. All the people we ride with are learning like us so we're not sure what new things to try. I love the Yello Loogey. First ride I was the only one who liked it. After a couple of rides I loved it. I weigh about 130lb 5'5" so it goes to show you almost any size can ride it.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-20-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
thank for the footage Matt. Inland seems to really make some good boards.
Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2006, 5:05 AM Reply   
I tried riding switch backside (port side) on the yellow and I was actually able to free ride for about a minute! I'm definitely progressing considering 2 months ago I wasn't even close to being able to ride backside regular footed (starboard) on the Broadcast.
Old     (beaner)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-01-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
I'm just starting and got the Yellow. I wanted to bypass getting a starter board and upgrading after a few months. Glad I did, the Yellow is so small/light/fast... and it fits in the rear locker of my X1.
Upload