Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    nh_wakerider            03-15-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Anybody know about a Big Air Pylons- Big Air Tower?
I want to add an aftermarket tower to my fourwinns freedom 170 with factory bimini
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 model of the FourWinns 170 Freedom and my original bimini worked with the Monster Tower--I just have to pull the front straps a little tighter.

One thing to think about when installing a Tower on these boats is that you need to think about the foot placement so that you can still have the walk through window open if you like. Other wise it will hit the front arm when you try to open it --it can still be opened easily and you can walk through, you just have to close it all the time.

Sorry..I don't know anything about the Big Air

sw
Old    nh_wakerider            03-16-2005, 2:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info...How far out did you mount the front feet? are they on the flat of the bow area or over the gunnel? and does the tower fit inside the rub rail? thanks for your post, you really helped me out on a difficult decision
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-16-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
Bill, the Big Air tower is a quality tower at a good price. The current tower on their website is a newer version of the original tower. It is much improved over the first design. Looks great, and is very solid.

You will hear much more about the Monster Tower on this website. I have never used the Monster, but it must be a great product by considering what people have to say about it. Free shipping too.

I'd say it would be between those two, if you are really concerned with price.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2005, 5:55 AM Reply   
As Mike said, we have the Big Air tower on our boat we have now and the Bayliner we used to have and we love it, great customer service also. No complaints and great price.
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-16-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
I mounted the front legs on the flat spot of the Bow ( just behind the cup holders ). The front legs measured 65 inches apart from one another and the distance from the front legs to the rear is about 47 inches. With this setup my tower does not sit inside the boat when folded but it does rest on the engine cover--and still easily fits into the garage door that is 7 feet tall.

**All these measurements are from inside to inside of the foot.
Old    nh_wakerider            03-16-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info everyone...I'll have to make a decision as the ice will disappear soon
bill
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-16-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
I just sold a Loud Liquid for a 180 Horizon. In about a week, we'll have mounted photos.
Old    nh_wakerider            03-16-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
an '05 Horizon ?