Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    robertt            07-11-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think the next step in my micro bling boat is to add some interior lighting. We spend a ton of time in the boat at night, just kicking back and swimming. The mastercraft X7 has pretty good lighting already, so I just want to add a little…and here are the questions. Thanks again for all of your help guys and gals, it really does make a big difference to the less experienced ones.

As far as where I want them…well…I would think that replacing the stock ones on the side ski locker area is a must, adding a little one under the dash/kick panel, rear storage locker, two “focused” type beams to throw some light under the back seat from the sides, and finally, inside the rear vents, hopefully a handle/tow handle in the back.

Questions:

1. LED vs Neon. I realize LED lasts longer and uses less juice, but is there anything else to factor in?
2. Colored vs white? The boat is yellow with dark grey carpet, the stock lights have a bluish tint, and I would love to continue that theme but is that a mistake? Red seems too hard on the eyes for continuous use.
3. Is there any reason not to just connect to the existing courtesy light circuit, especially if I use LED’s?
4. Any advice on how to run the wires?
5. Lastly, pick them up on Ebay or do you guys have a good connection?

The theme on this boat is fast easy install for the average guy that just doesn’t want to spend the time on a huge install, yet having something different on the lake.

Thanks in advance.