Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-06-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
With last year bringing some new entrants into the market, what does this year look like? Are there any new companies or any old companies bringing new and improved products to market?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-06-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
www.wetsounds.com. All that needs to be said.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
NVS is constantly improving. They are the orignators of the pro audio tower set ups. Great product...and designed by riders! I prefer the look over the above mentioned also.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-07-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
I would love to see some pro audio speakers in a smaller package. They all hang down too far (head bumpers). The wetsounds would be great if they were a little snugger to the tower..... maybe something in a 7" midrange instead of the 8 and 10. If someone comes up with a better design, I will buy today.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-07-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
My main concern is still the weight of the speakers. I would love to see some lighter speakers. With all the racks loaded up and the speakers and lights on the tower, it gets a little bogged down.

Certainly Duane (NVS) and the guys from wetsounds have done an outstanding job on their lineups but this industry has really just started so these guys are going to continue to innovate and be challenged. Im really excited to see these products a couple of years down the road!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
One of the reason I haven't gotten tower speakers was the bulk. If someone would offer something smaller that performed, they'd have my money.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-07-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
To those with weight issues, the Pro80s weigh in at 16lbs each including clamp. My old setup weighed in at 40lbs. I shaved 8lbs and gained some serious sound with the Pro80s. If you hang them out as far as you can you wont be bumpin your head unless you want four of them. Personally I think 2 is plenty.Upload
Upload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-07-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yea, 2 is plenty. I would probably change my mind if I heard 4.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-07-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
Ths is the first I have heard of wakeboarders trying to make their boats lighter!

I had the NVS 1010s, lights, racks...no problem with the weight.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
If you have to take your tower down after each use the weight of the speakers is a big deal. I chose these over NVS with weight being a major factor. These still are a challenge if your taking the tower down by yourself.

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-08-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
How come the mounts are so huge on those things?

So you remove all three units and reinstall every time you ride?
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
I swing the tower down after each use .
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-08-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
After hearing Xtreme Tower Products new TRIFECTA-H's at surf expo I wouldn't buy anything else. That set up is amazing how clear and how far back you can hear it with out making the people in the boat go def.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-08-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Jamie, have you seen the price tag on it yet? I think it's around $2100 retail.

J-rod, the clamps are not removed each time. there are two small lug nuts that are unscrewed on each clamp and the speaker slides down.

My guess is the clamps need to be that big to give enough room for hte lug to thread in properly as well as accomodate various size towers.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-08-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Xtreme Tower Products didn't have them on their site. But with a name like "Xtreme" they must be no joke!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
Jared: Yes Im sure you will see some NEW stuff this year. I know some stuff in the the works, it should be pretty cool. Thats all im saying.
Jon, I know your joking and just trying to start a NVS Vs Wetsounds war. LOL
Jrod: I dont think wakeboarders are trying to make there boats lighter. I think they are trying to get as much weight off the tower.While towing. I dont know if you removed your speakers from your boat each time you towed, I know Big Ed removed his NVS each time and I know Mike takes down his Wetsounds. As you know each boat's tower tend to sway back and forth quite a bit with all that weight and even with out weight. I know when I tow my tower is moving around quite a bit. Im guessing my tower box and speakers ect weigh's like 90 lbs. If there was a quick easy way of removing weight from the tower I bet most people would go for that option. My 2 c
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-08-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
I am interested in thost Pro 80s but does anyone know if they make a chrome version? I have an anodized tower and nothing on my boat is white(other then the interior) or black. I wonder if black would look ok on my grey/orange boat.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-08-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
J rode, I think there was a pic of the on wakeside's website.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-08-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Pierce,

We do not offer a chrome at this time. However, we have had quite a few people custom paint their speakers to match their boats. E mail me and I can give you some ideas.

Adam is correct. Our clamps are that size because they are designed to be universal and quick disconnect and have the ability to fire them forward or back. There is a lug nut on each side. Once you remove that, you slide the speaker down. There is a stainless U bracket that is attached to the speaker that mates into the clamp. The clamp always stays on the tower. They are very easy to remove.

Tim
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-08-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim, I sent you an email.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-08-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Yeah I absolutely mean take the weight off the stress of the tower. Ive never been one to shy away from weight in the boat!

Grant, why do you have to tease us like that!
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-08-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Adam - Not sure where you got that price, but I sell them for $1,600 with amp.

J-Rod - Xtreme has been doing business for some time now, and have a pretty big list of OEM deals.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-08-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Jamie, I saw it on wakeside.com, but looks like they took the speakers off the website all together. I saw them when they wer on pre-order a while back.