Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Dave, I just want to say thank you for the article. It is a great reflection on what makes a day on the water better, and reminds you to be thankful for the riding partners you have. I know I truly miss not having one partner around anymore, I improved more in one summer than I have in the 9 or 10 years I've been riding. Thanks again!

If you haven't read it, do it!
http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2149
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Deffinately a great article Dave. Just another reason why wakeboarding is such a unique and great sport.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
Amen brudda.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
Nice article Dave. I totally agree that riding with someone better or even just input on ways to improve makes a huge difference. Since I switched up on my crew, I can say my riding has gotten better than it ever did when I was riding with seat warmers. I met up with some good people on here that can up my game.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Great article! I think wakeboarding is a really social individual sport, because as much fun as dawn patrol-three-man-crew sets are, a loaded boat is always a great time, and the cheers from the boat are awesome. Friends make riding worth it.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
Great article Dave.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2009, 12:15 AM Reply   
Sometimes i get real bummed that there are not very many people that live in my town that wakeboard. The few buddies i had growing up through high school are all left and gone.

But then i remember my Mom. she has never boarded and never will because of a really bad knee. but she loves watching me ride (my dad too). I have my mom to credit for most of the praise and suggestions. Its interesting how even the people who have never boarded can really help you out. In-fact, if it were not for her i probably would have wasted another couple of days trying to figure out how to get up on a wakeboard and might have given up maybe.

thank goodness for supportive buddy parents!!

but i am looking forward to several prospective buddies that do/will ride this year. some co-workers, one wanting me to teach him and his kids, and a friend of my dad's that wants me to teach him. surely, if all else fails i can find a few seasonal lake powell workers and one or two returning ones from last year. And then there's the ol' thumbing a ride and offering gas or other assistance. some of my best riding experiences have been with perfect strangers-buddies who all share one love of wake ;)

and hopefully i can find two trustworthy fellows who want to take some experimental runs by some tourboat wakes on/behind a pwc!
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2009, 5:17 AM Reply   
i sent that to my GF. she replied, my riding buddy had a great buddy. i should have one too....
he is also the same guy in "dont be that guy"..
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-14-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Great article. I am such a believer in having someone pushing you makes you a better rider. I have definitely started to improve and step up my riding the last few weeks now that I ride with someone who is constantly pushing me to do stuff that he sees I can do where I would have self doubt but I know if he says you can do it I probably can. Granted I am talking about beginner moves, but I think it applies on every level.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-14-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
Dave nice article and good to see you riding and not pulling tubers... all the time. We need to go out since our family crew does not push us..., heck they wake up when I am ready for my first beer! I got to ride with Brian and Aki, 2 weeks ago... monster wake and first ride of the year... way fun going down again the 24th...
Aloha Joe
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
While it does help out a TON to have a buddy in the boat that is either better/equal talent or knows what is what it is just as helpful to have buddies/family in the boat that are great spectators by cheering you on with stoke even if they don't know that you missed that grab or didn't go as big as you should/could have. That is the true beauty of wakeboarding.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
My dad is also the best buddy i have for going to wake events: Brostock(s) and the recent RedBull Wake Lab in AZ. he gets just as excited as i do and more at these things. the women in my life (mom and wife) don't have the same patience to chill with boarders that long with music blasting and all that stuff. hopefully when my daughter grows up i will be her buddy and she mine :-)
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-14-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
Kinda gives you a warm and tingly feeling all over lol Keep shredding WW
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-14-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
I agree, one of the best articles i've read in a while. It makes me think of my good riding buddies that i dont get to ride with as much as i want, but when we do its the best time ever and a lot of good riding gets done.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-15-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
As much as wakeboarding is an individual sport, it's truly a team sport. The team you surround yourself with can add to better days!