Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-04-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
I normally rehide behind a wakeboard boat with a tower but today i rode behind an IO with the rope attached tot he ski bit- It was a horrible run- i couldn't do any tricks at all. It wasn't just a bad run- I sucked. Does this have something to do with the rope being lower than when on a wakeboard tower- or was I just having a bad day?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-04-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
I don't know. I normally ride behind my I/O with a tower. However, this week I've rode behind my friends '04 Supra SSV from the tower and I've done horrible. I think the simple explanation is that I'm not used to the big wake on that Supra.
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-04-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
cody, maybe the water was choppy so it made that big wake sloppy for you
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-04-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
I just don't think I landed one thing behind that boat. The wake was huge, and I got all the pop I could have ever wanted. I just couldn't stick anything. I've been pretty sore though, rode the last 4 days in a row. I'll blame it on that and hopefully the next time it will be better :-). I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

I'm not sure why, but I feel less control of my speed riding from the ski bit. Could be just me though.
Old    7ftdubup            08-04-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
I usually ride behind an IO with a tower, but ive been forced to ride behind a jetboat with no tower for week or so. I just decided to try somethings and i was doing TS and HS fs 3s with no problems, and i almost landed a scarecrow and a ts fs offaxis 5 off the dub ups. I think you just had a bad day, but wakeboats produce a much better wake period.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-04-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
cody-sore in 4 days...thats quick..i have been riding the last 16 days in a row and i just got sore yesterday!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2005, 11:44 PM Reply   
What was the rope like?

A stretchy or low-stretch rope can ruin a wakeboarder who is used to a good rope.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2005, 4:52 AM Reply   
Matt-yea, but you probably don't fall every run, haha. Nah, I'm just sore in one place, but it's enough to make me weak.
Old    7ftdubup            08-05-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
one place, im afraid to ask
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
could it have been the driver? Most of my friends with i/o's have no clue how to drive a straight line plus they have trouble holding the speed when they are standing up looking backwards at you while they are cranking Winger
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing as Dane. I used to have the same problem, but it stemmed from the rope, now that I have better body/ board control I have been able to improve my riding under less-than perfect conditions. I would say it probably has to do with the rope, and then once you weren't quite able to ride like you are used to, frustration set in and killed any chance of salvaging a decent run.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-05-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
Maybe your timing was all off.