Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
The end of another competition. Man, we need more of these in So Cal. Such a great time hanging with everyone. Good times!

I have to be the first to give props to some of the riders.

First of all , myself, for first place in the longest distance to swim back to shore after completely choking my run! OK, my first comp. Have to learn somehow. Next time - watch out! Had a blast anyway! Congrats to the old farts that smoked me.

Next, to my regular crew. You really are the best! You girls made an awesome showing. For all of you, this was your first comp, and you made all of us proud!!

Sara Kinsky - 1st - women's novice

Dre Dominguez - 2nd - women's novice

Amy "Batman" - 2nd- women's Intermediate

Sara -Happy Birthday. Can't think of a better present than that trophy.

Dre -congrats on passing the Nationals. You can be my doctor anytime.

Amy - you both need to move back down here! The room is still available!

Congrats also to Jesi on her first comp. Next time you will smoke em'. Chris Resnik - smokin ride - don't remember where you placed (1st or 2nd) but great ride (I will get you a copy of the video), Valdez bros - what can be said -whew!Everyone else - good times.

Props to Tyler, Josh, Jason, and everyone who makes this possible, and especially all the riders.

See everyone in 2 weeks. I won't suck next time! Watch out!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-31-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
Damn, my first tournament in about a decade and I get no love from Buzz! I dominated that Men's Novice class! :-) Actually, I had to leave, so I don't know where I placed, but my daughter was stoked on a second place in Jr. Novice! Good times!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-31-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Yeah, we need a few more of these year around. It was great seeing everyone today I threw down a huge half cab role that I just learned two nights ago, big props go out to Todd Gable for teaching me the trick as well as Zach and Gabe for the all time we have been putting in behind their SAN at Fiesta. Cya at round 3.
Old    akman            07-31-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Have to admit it was a pretty good time watching what I could from 1 to 4.

Tyler Killingsworth threw down a killer run in the Outlaw class and pretty much killed it.

Mad props to little Jared Garcia.........4 year old ripper!

Sun was shining, had a few "pops" and got to hang with my dogs, my wife, and some friends.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
Ooops! Missed it. Had planned on being there to cheer you on, Buzz. Wound up at San V instead. Water was rough there today and there were a zillion rookies running their boats in the wrong freaking direction, so in retrospect, I should have been at the tourney cheering you and the gang on!

Keep me in mind for those Thursday runs. My schedule has cleared! I'm good for being a third on most Thursdays or Fridays.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-31-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
The So Cal wakesports contest is an awesome event and I PROMISE to be there the next one. I heard that Tyler KILLED it today, congrats Tyler!
As always,Tyler, Josh and Jason, thanks for taking care of my family. I heard everybody had an exciting time. Big props out to Jason Allison for having a good run in the Intermediate (no more novice) class. Also big thanks to the Mistrettas for their hospitality (as always)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-31-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
It was fun, I haven't been to a contest in a few years. I have to give some credit for people seriously throwing down in those conditions! Gotta have respect for that. I've heard lots of hype with these Valdez kids and I must say, they sure back it up. It's nice to see some good smooth style... even in that wind! I was really impressed with Tylers riding too. Again, I don't know how these guys kill it like that in those conditions!

I was stoked to see my nephew Jared in his first contest. I can't wait to teach him some stuff.

Also, congrats to Jaime Williams for that second place! Won't be too long before she's competing against her dad

Good times, but I am fried.
Old    jesiday            07-31-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
I had a great time today...Thanks for saving me some space Buzz, it's always nice to hang out with the crew.

Sara-Happy Birthday!!! It was great seeing you again.

Dre and Amy- you two are awesome.
If ya'll want a weekend pull sometime, give me ring!

Steve-I expect you to attach yourself to your board for the next comp. It doesn't look as cool in the back of my truck.

Blake- it sucks you had to leave for work, but I'm sure we'll get to see you ride later!

David- definitely cool to meet you. You're right, it is nice to put a face to the name.

Here are a few pics from today. They may be a little off, but the power behind the camera was too...

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-01-2005, 2:58 AM Reply   
Good times. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again... I'm part of the coolest, and most fun, crew in wakeboarding.

By the way, I finally met Dave Williams... Nice to meet you man... Hopefully I'll see you out on the lake before too long.

-Blake
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-01-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
Yesterday was a lot of fun to watch, even though today I am all kinds of red! The best part about yesterday was watching our nephew Jared (4 years old) and his good friend Jaime Williams! Here are a few pics of them. Keep an eye out for these two in the future. They have spent more time out on the water this summer than us and will soon be better than uncle Blabel.

Jared:

Jaime:

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-01-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
Jared is the poop! I was talking with my friends, as he came in from his run, and the look on his face was great... He's sure to be hooked for life. It was so funny to see a kid, so small, on a wakeboard... I was beginning to think he wasn't going to make it sink, which would've been hilarious, but he somehow managed.

-Blake
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
I had a great time; I worked most of the morning doing ropes and towing the advanced, and intermediate women. Just getting off the boat in time for my pass. I competed in the expert class for the first time and I had one of my best tournament runs in a LONG time, making it back to the dock without getting wet (which was pretty amazing in those conditions). I got first place, which hasn't happened to me since I was a Novice rider.

The dance competition was off the hook; Josh and Jason really know how to show the kids a good time. The sumo contest, along with the sumo flip contest had me rolling. Everywhere you looked everyone had smiles on their faces, and that is what these things are all about. It's not about going out there to win a contest, but more about going out there and sharing the stoke for the sport we all love. Tyler, Josh, and Jason sure no how to make that happen, it makes me proud to be affiliated with such a great organization.

Dave - It was good, as always to see you.

Chris - I think I had the best seat in the house to see you throw your half cab roll, the driver’s seat.

Gramps - I wanted to introduce myself, but every time I saw you, you were talking I didn't want to interrupt. Maybe next time.

Robyn - I had a great time hanging out with the boys as usual. Eddie and I had lots of fun in the boat together.

Blabel & Melissa - I'm bummed I didn't get to meet the two of you. Like I said to Gramps there is always next time.

Anyways, thanks again to Wakesports Unlimited, and Southern California Watersports, you guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!!