Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
I have to give a shout out, mad props, boya out to Tony of Shrink or Sink. Came to my house this morning and did an incredible job today.

I would recommend anybody who is storing their boat for a winter to have this done and the best part its not expensive!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-09-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Kenny,
My question is why are you shrink wrapping a boat on Feb 9? I do have to agree with shrink wrapping though, did that twice and it worked very very well. Now a days we just find someone with a good barn or storage facility to hide ours from the harsh winters of the north.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-09-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
I was going to guess he was in the southern hemisphere, but his profile indicates California. Heck, I was just about ready to take the blue tarp off mine!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
no doubt I'm getting mine de-winterized monday
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-09-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
transfering to Washington in a few weeks and I want to protect it from the long road trip and possible winter weather (yeah right redding is 80 degree's!) otheriwse I would be on the water right now with us having a plus 70 degree sunny week here in Sacramento.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
where abouts in washington, bremerton? (a guess based on your profile)

you're in for a weather shock. ;)

actually been pretty nice around here the past few days, but it's a long ways from being warm.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-10-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Bruce & Kenny - Cliff rode yesterday. Water 43 air 54 on the south end of LK Samm and was going out this morning also. Conditions have been great but too cold for my liking so I just drive and shoot. Since it was only us and our kids yesterday, I have no pics. Hope Jeff & him took some today. LK WA was glass this morning.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
I'll be at Whidbey Island (NAS), I did my research before I chose my orders there and according to weather history it won't as bad as everybody keeps making it out to be. It won't be CA but it doesn't rain as much as Seattle either
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
There were some crazies out today on Lake Washington at 7:30am...there was ice in the gutters!
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
Doesn't a dry suit cost as much as shrink wrapping?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2006, 12:11 AM Reply   
nope, it cost me 200 bones..
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       02-11-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
Ok maybe a bit more but loads more fun!

http://www.gotriver.com/BARE_ultra_drysuit.htm
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-11-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
I shrink wrapped it for the road trip not because I don't ride in the winter because I do..

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on February 11, 2006)