Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    upupnaway            05-16-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hey Paul, here is a vid I threw together to tide you over until the DVD is done. I am currently working on a vid for The Board Shop, they had their sponsorship tourny this saturday.

I hope you had as much fun a we did. My buddy Lumpy REALLY apreciated all of your advice, he is using your start, and practicing carving the wake.
After you left, the water conditions turned awesome, and my brother used your surfing advice, gained some edge control, and started landing some one wake airs!
Liz, not to be outdone, came back out on friday and learned 2 toeside 180s! (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/170373.html?1084577876)
Old    upupnaway            05-16-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
forgot to put up the link to your vid!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10605
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-16-2004, 10:28 PM Reply   
Dang, Mike. Thanks for posting that and thanks for an unforgettable day. Going back to the lake I grew up on for some wakeboarding was pretty cool. What an incredible day. That video is not only special to me but I know my family is going to love seeing me out on the lake.

I'll post a slideshow soon, but right now I just got home tonight from an incredible 5 days so am worn out. Say hi/thanks to Liz and the rest of the Wonder Lake crew. You guys have a great crew.

Note to self: when friends you haven't seen for 15 years promise you a hangover, you're in serious trouble.
Old    upupnaway            05-17-2004, 12:29 AM Reply   
I should have thought about the hangover before using all of those exclamation points.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
LOL Mike, I'm finally feeling pretty much normal this morning after Friday night's outing. We tried to drink like we were 18 again (oh wait, that was illegal we never drank when we were 18).

Thursday night was more mellow, hanging out at "Vicki's" by the river. Cool little place where you can drive your boat right up.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-17-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
Paul--nice ridin' you were really carvin' it up on wonder lake! btw..how tall are you???

mike nice editing on the video too, the music choice was perfect for the riding style! I love it!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-17-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Andre that was some good riding. Saw that you tried a grab but missed. Looked great. That has to be a hard trick being that you have like 9 feet from your shoulders to your board. Looks and sounds like a great trip.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
Angi, thanks. I'm 6'7".

Yeah, Mike. Nice music! Did I mention I used to be a Satriani fan or was that a coincidence?

Andy, yeah I miss probably more grabs than I get, but I don't think it's due to my height. Just poor technique (i.e., failing to bring the board up to me and instead reaching for it).
Old    upupnaway            05-17-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Angi!
Paul, I went for Satch for 2 reasons.
A. You ride smooth, satch plays smooth.
B. Seeing you surf the wake brought "Surfing with the alien" to mind.
Old    fng03            05-17-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
Paul - sorry to hear about your hangover...apparently you did not sufficiently hydrate yourself? It was a great day on the lake, though, and I think we all look forward to the opportunity to have you out again