Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    kbsmith88            10-27-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
The summer or 03 has long gone and went for most riders in Illinois(including myself), and I was wondering if a newer board should show up on my X-mas List? I am currently using a 03 Byerly 137, and it is still in great condition, but is there something out their that I should trade in my current board towards?

(Message edited by KBSmith88 on October 27, 2003)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
Have you ridden a Platinum Absolute? Everyone who gets on mine loves it.
Old    kbsmith88            10-27-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
I don't have any place close that lets you demo boards, so no. I have heard a lot of good things about it though.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-30-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Dude, what's wrong with the 03? Is it working for you? I'm riding a 98, it's still in good shape and it's still working for me, I'm still progressing, getting better, and bigger. So what's wrong with the 03? Most of the basic priniciples behind boards haven't changed in a few years, they just tweak things every year to try and create a better product.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
How should we know???? We are not you. We don't know your style or what you are looking for in a board. Why did you buy that board in the first place? The only way you could know would be to ride some different boards for yourself.
Old    blind5            10-31-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
if you can't demo a board before you buy it, than don't buy it at all. that's like buying a car without driving it first. try to find a shop close to you that lets you demo boards. if i were you i would stick with the byerly for the 04 summer and demo as many boards as i could. find the board that is right for me and ask for the same board in the 05' model for next christmas.

jeffrey you sould demo some boards next summer also. since 98 all of the board companies have made hugh strides in research and design. you would probably ride and like a new board a lot better than your 98 lf.

(Message edited by blind5 on October 31, 2003)
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
Keep the byerly. What bindings are you using?