Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
I've been looking online for reviews for sea doo wake boats but have found nothing. Does any know how the wake is or any thing?
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-22-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
You'll find the Jets cause your wake to wash. All they are doing is adding ballast to their normal boats.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Look in the Boat Archieves section. Alot has been said to basically confirm this is not a true wakeboat.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       07-22-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
not worth buying a jet boat buy an older wakeboard boat or ski boat and put a tower on it and sac it down. ive ridin behind a 23 foot yamaha and it was the worst wake ive ever ridin on. it was washy no ramp wide rough take offs and landings!

Jet Boats
If you watch television, look on the Internet, or open a wakeboard or waterski magazine, you will see the jet boat manufacturers trying to break into the wakeboarding market. They have introduced several boats over the past few years with towers and wakeboard racks as options. These boats are marketed toward the wakeboard boat buyer, but, due to the jet propulsion, this type of boat cannot produce the characteristics in wake shape and size that a wakeboarder craves. The wake that a jet boat leaves behind is usually very soft and washy. The lack of a rudder makes most jet boats very hard to drive in a straight line when an average-sized wakeboarder is behind the boat carving around.

read this right here it will help!http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=593
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-22-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Seadoo and Wakeboard Boat in the same sentence... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAAH
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
i get it...............crappy
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-23-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
thats not water on the competitors, its sweat... hahaha give me a break.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-30-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Sea Doo is a Fakeboard boat.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Exactly HeHateMe....Seadoo Wakeboard Boat is an oxymoron.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Sea Doo = Pregnant Jet-Ski...

Not suitable for any real wakeboarding.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
DONT BUY IT FOR WAKEBOARDING
Sea Doo Jet boat Wake with 7 people
Upload
Mastercraft with 9 people
Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-31-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
A bigger boat with more people.... Gee who woulda thought!
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Ya know... the Grinch put antlers on a dog and called it a reindeer. Hell... why not a party boat? Anyway... we are glad you are asking because we will only steer you in the right direction!
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-31-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
Definition of Oxymoron.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-31-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
its decent... my friend who is a pus*sy on speed was riding at 18! he's 6' and 150lbs and it was so sloppy...

i road at 22 but it was a saturday afternoon and never the less choppy, so i only hit it like 3 times... made a decent wake... the tower was nice (XTP) you can hook up your ipod no prob, and it has some thing where you can talk to the people in the water with the tower speakers... the music was pretty good i guess but the swimstep suucks... its like a foot above the water and the ladder is a pain to put up, get out

so if you got little kids you'll be messing around with that every time... how much are they though?

steering also seems a little hard, they got some scratches from trying to use the jet thing and you always have to make sure no rope is down there or else your engines screwed... hmm ask me some more questions and i'll try to help...

btw i was wakeboarding with 3 people including me
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-31-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Dont Do IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I guess if you wanted too... You could ride some shallow rivers with sand bars and other obstacles.. and have some fun with a Jet Boat.. and the rider just jibs everything in sight... tree stump.. rocks.. sand bars... gaps... etc...

JUST SAY NO!!!!
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-31-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Remember even if the wake on a seadoo looks half way decent. It won't have any strength in it for real pop. They are just trying to get a piece of the wakeboard industry just because it is all of a sudden in the mainstream. I had an I/O for a long time before I bought a wakeboat. I can tell you from learning the hard way if you have a true passion for wakeboarding and not just trying to impress. Dont go through a few boats before you make the right decision. At the very least buy a used wakeboat if price is an issue. You will not regret it. Their is alot of people on this site that have been down the road already and can save you alot of time and money. SHRED ON DOG!!!!