Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (wkbdboi)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
has anyone heard anything about it? I just know that there is supposed to be one next year.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
No i havent, but that would be sick, I would buy it!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-04-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Matt-Why would you buy a board you haven't even seen or ridden???? Makes absolutely no sense. Would you buy it cause it's Rusty's Pro Model?!?! Kinda like a lot of newbs buying Parks boards. DEMO DEMO DEMO. Then buy why waste money on a board you could possibly hate riding.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-04-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Tyler, maybe it's because he's a young and impressionable kid that looks up to Rusty and wants to support his wakeboard idol buy buying his pro model. According to your profile you have a Byerly board and coincidently Byerly is your favorite rider. Although I would never buy a board without demoing it (like you suggested) I do understand that some kids look up to pros so much that they don't care how it rides...they'll just deal with it, get used to it, or maybe love it.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-04-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Ben- I demo all my boards and I've been through the last 3 Byerly shapes and love them all(that said I have no reason to jutify my purchase to you). I however did not shout to the heavens that I was gonna buy one before even trying it. Maybe you're sore for buying a board without demoing but maybe I'll save young Matt a load of cash he could spend on a board he enjoys riding... not reading the name on.
Now... Do I really need to explain to you why Byerly is my favorite riders, not to mention one of the best, most innovative shapers(along with bouchard), and most influential and stylish riders of all time. I think not.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
Or maybe Matt likes fast, continuous boards, and it's pretty much guaranteed Rusty is going to have a fast, continuous board.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
It will just be a 3DS with a mod or two and a new name.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
is parks comin out with a pro model for ronix?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
ummm no Tyler, I didn't ask you to explain or justify anything...but thanks for the offer
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Hopefully it will land softer.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
His Empire rode WAYYYYY better to me then the 3ds or TFD! I can't wait to see it.

That said, I've always ridden Sharpe's boards but really disliked the Covin.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Paul, what didn't you like about the Covin? I felt like it was very similar to the 3DS.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I rode it in some choppy water but still disliked it none the less. I would like to give it another try but it felt as though it rode way smaller, more like 134ish, and felt flat. I just didn't have a good feeling on it. That said, I thought the One was amazing!

The Empire rode worlds better then the 3DS to me and most would probably feel they ride alike.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-06-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
I've bought a board without demoing when I first started riding remember the byerly can opener board. LOL. That board sucked. But I didn't know any better. I'm thinking about new bindings and will probably buy Murrays weather I demo or not.