Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    sanger215            10-18-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
I bought a 06 Sanger and a couple of months ago I was driving down the freeway and my back seat flew out on the free way. It was unbelievable. I pulled over and the seat was just all messed up. I was a bought to cry right their. I called the local Sanger dealer and they wanted $500 to fix it. Has this happened to anyone else? Long story short their is a happy ending to all of this...
Old    mendo247            10-18-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
no i havent but now that you mention it i could see wind grabbing the edge of it and easliy flying out...
Old    sanger215            10-18-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
I have an open bow, so it creates a wind tunnel just under the glass and lifts the seat up an away. I need to get a wind dam.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Yeah I have to wedge the seat in place with something or it starts to lift over 50MPH
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Yes, it happened twice in a friend's Crownline. First time by pure chance he saw it in the rear view mirror and we retrieved it. Second time we only noticed it wan't there when we got to the lake. So we turned round, found it and it was battered. I think it cost $260 to replace. Should've closed the door to stop the wind tunnel effect I guess. I count myself lucky that none of the cars that hit it were damaged (or if they were they didn't find me!)

Crownline were not interested in my complaints.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
I close the wind deflector thing that blocks wind at the walk through area to the bow. I also shut the glass door there too. That helped me after I lost a cushion with my old boat.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
The bottom of the rear seat on my V210 has two straps with snaps on the front/sides that snap under the other cushions. Does the 215 have these? Doesen't seem like mine could fly out. That would suck. Imagine if it caused a wreck.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
that happened in my mb.the dealership replaced it since it happened like a week after I bought it.After that I always threw it in the trunk or under the steering wheel but snaps or velcro are a great idea.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
oh ya I bet you can find an upholstery shop for a lot cheaper than 500.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
I found my friends seat for his 06 215 on the way home the other night. His only had a few scuffs that you can't see when in place
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Sargon, tell us the happy ending!!!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
In my X 10 the seat next to the row of cup holders flew out on its first voyage a few years back, I happened to get a job at the dealer after the incident occured and i saw first hand that the skin was only 35 bucks or something and the guy that puts it on only charges around 40 bucks.....dealer charged my family something like 250 dollars or more....horrible! We have towed with the cover on ever since

(Message edited by crracer on October 18, 2006)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-19-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Are you pulling with a pickup? I pulled mine with a friends pickup one time because my yukon was in the shop and the same thing happened. It seems a pickup will allow more air to get under the window of the boat and push up on the seat. I have never had this problem with my yukon, or our old expendition. I think if you put up your wind deflector as someone stated, you will be fine.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Why not make a snap on bow cover just for towing? This would stop the air and keep things clean?
Old    wakejjboard12            10-19-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
my bestfriend had an '05 X-2 and while driving it home from the dealer the same thing happened. he drove 2 hours home before he realized it was gone. he went back and found it on the interstate in decent condition only minor scuffs and scratches.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
My friends 06 Sanger his back seat flew out the same way yours did. Some times when I tow I can find my cup holders blowen out. Like some one talked about the wind blows threw the open bow and will and can pick things like wakeboards and seets and blow them out. The fix for me has been to put the snap on bow cover on when towing its stops the air comming threw the boat and picking things up and tossing them out. Sorry about your back seet that sucks
Old    stillstandin            10-19-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
My V215 started to do that on the freeway, luckily, I was able to slow down before it left the boat. After that, I put velcro on the bottom of the seat. One thing I do remeber, is that the window on the windshield was open, maybe let to much wind through there
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-19-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
The same thing happens with my X-30 so now i always put that seat in the bed of the truck
Old    sanger215            10-19-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thank for all of the responces. I thought I was the only one that had this problem. After doing some home work and talking to the right people (actually one of the owners of Sanger), they are reskinnig the back seat for free and making me a couple of straps for it.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
^^^^wow!! thats great customer service...... points for sanger!
Old    sanger215            10-19-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
ya, I had to blow a gasket on one of the owners in order to get this done.
Old    bigrich            10-19-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Good to hear they are taking care of this. Any way sometimes blowing steam is good for you. And thanks for the heads up never even gave that a second thought.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-22-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
I noticed when towing (tige 22v) my back seat was starting to lift up too so i bought 2" wide velcrow and put two 12" strips down. The seat stays put now. An easy $5 fix.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
Renee and Tate had that happen to them on their 215 and warned me when I got mine. I always make sure the winddam is in place with the glass closed.

I don't know if you have thought of it but some Wally Worlds (Wal-Mart) carry big enoght cutting boards that are oversized just a bit and you just need to dremal them to spec. For about 10 bucks you have your own wind dam vise spending god knows how much...(I have made a few and sold them for friends). And NO you can't tell the difference, they are white and all. If you want to get all Bling-Bling then get some Plexi and color tint it to match your boat.