Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-07-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Looking for some step by step detail. Mine is a mess.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
dont roll it over your hand to elbow. Just make nice loops to arms lengths. If your rope is really twisted, Hold the handle and let out all the rope. So like hold the handle and let all the rope out the back of the boat and bring the boat up to make board speed for like 45 seconds to a minute and all the twists will be out of the rope. Good luck!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-07-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
like Andy said.

I loop the handle over the pylon and drag the line.
Old    kdeyoung            10-07-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
I spent $$$ on a nice line. Accurate jacket, not one problem...ball it up if you want.
Old    wakecord            10-07-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Andy has it about right. While you coil the rope, hold it loosely to avoid twisting the rope. Think of how a cowboy (you're from Calgary, eh? ) coils a lariat.
happy trails.

added on edit:
DON"T use one of those electrical cord reels from the home improvement center.

If you don't have a spectra rope; get one.

We ship to Canada, BTW.

(Message edited by wakecord on October 07, 2004)
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-07-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Good tips. I have the Accurate jacket line actually but when I roll it up I know I twist it up. I use the hand to elbow trick by the way. I have never figured out the loop method. I assume the rope must be twist free before this method is attempted? Plus I want to know what you do when you hit the end. Just use the velcro things or do you have some fancy superknot?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
wehn you do the wrist/elbow method you are twisting the rope with each over hand. Theres a not so fancy not you can use. But the velcro thing works better.
Old    wakecord            10-07-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
I personally do not like velcro, the tiny fish-hook things on on side have a tendency to grip the rope fibers and prematurely fray the rope.
Try this:
Hold the end of the rope (the loop end) in one hand at your waist. Slide your other hand out along the rope (loosely), away from your body until your hand is extended. grasp the rope at that point, bring it to the hand at your waist and pass it to that hand.
repeat until coiled.

(Message edited by wakecord on October 07, 2004)
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-08-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tips. Too bad I'll have to wait till June to try them out.