Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
Like the title says, I am in need of a prop puller and am to cheap to buy one. I live in Wilmington, Massachusetts. Hopefully someone in the area can lend me theres. I will leave you with money as collateral. Thanks
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-06-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Have you tried to take it off without one yet? If so, you can use my ghetto prop puller. It is a 2x4 and a hammer...

Take the 2x4 and put it behind your prop and hit the board with the hammer it should come off with a few hits.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
I have tried that. The prop is the original prop, that has not been taken off in about 10 years. I am upgrading my prop to a acme 540. I found someone who is going to let me borrow their prop puller.

Thanks tho
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-06-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
you might need to heat the shaft (?) first. when I changed out my original prop, nothing was getting the old one off. it had never come off in ten years. had to heat up the shaft to get it off. used a propane torch.
Old     (jordanb05)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-06-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I took mine to a local boat dealer (wasnt even the boats they dealed in) and they took it of for me free of charge. Super nice guys.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
I once rigged a puller with a socket (placed on the shaft), wrench or some kind of bar (across the top of the socket), and a 2 C-clamps (one end on the wrench and the other on the back of the prop). Having a third hand helps hold it all together, but once you get both clamps snug, tightening the c-clamps is pretty easy.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-06-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
You can borrow mine for $105 and you can keep it after you use it.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Thankfully a guy who takes part in correctcraftfan.com was able to come by my house today and help me out. He has changed lots props and said that his was one of the most difficult he has done. I shoulda used a propane torch, i have like 3 of them in my house. None the less it took us like 20 minutes of pulling
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Eric- All I have to say is, You Need A Prop Puller for yourself! They really aren't that expensive, yes there are kits that are really nice and all. But all you need is the main prop puller tool. In the grand scheme of boat ownership it's really a minor cost. Get it, you never know when you will need it again and trust me, you WILL need it again.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
ya, i agree that i will need it, but for the time i just needed to get my old prop off and new one on. I will get one eventually