Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-03-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
So I purchased a new boat this October (pic is on the profile) and I'm having some problems. First problem is the fact that I have rust on my rims. Brand new rims and the already have rust on them. I contacted the dealer and they are suppose to drop ship new ones to me sometime soon so that problem is solved. Now here is my next problem....i have stains on some of my cushions! I contacted the dealer in regards to this subject and I was told to bring them to the boat show and they would try and get the stains off. Low and behold take my cushions to the boat show an hour and half away, look like an idiot carrying them in, and take them to the dealer just for him to tell me to stick them under his display and he would take them back to the shop and work on them. The way things are going with this deal, this guy will take them back to his shop and forget about them. I was pretty upset so I talked to the boat rep that was there hanging out. He ended up being a super cool guy but he informed me that I would have to try and file a warranty claim and hopefully bu would recover them but "I don't think they will" is the response I get from him. I'm so pissed because this is a brand new boat and it came from the dealer like this and now the rep is telling me that they can't do anything about this. Am I in the wrong with expecting them to take care of this being as though I didn't cause the stains?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
It sounds like more of a dealer problem to me. I would just be a little patient and try to work things through your dealer. Dealers are very busy right now with boat shows and all. Maintaining a good relationship with your dealer will pay off in the long run. I would be persistent however on having them remedy the problem. Most dealers are worried about selling boats rather than servicing sold boats. Just keep on them, and contact the service manager at the dealership. Don't even bother working through your salesman.
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
sticky, did you notice the stains before you took delivery and was the boat "new"? I think your best course of action would have been not to take delivery until the stains were addressed. If your dealer continues to give you flack, then notify him you will be reporting this incident to the BBB. The same goes for Malibu, if they are not going to cover the claim. If you have proof that the stains were there before you took delivery then you should be just fine. Your dealer should be understanding and help you with the issue, I can't see why not.
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Mobius. I disagree. The dealer was not too busy to take this guys money.

Chris. Your dealer should be worried about maintaining a good relationship with you, the guys who is always right...the customer.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Rob you dissagree with the fact they are more worried about selling boats than maintaining a boat they already sold?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-03-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
The stains and rust are probably from being out in the open since the dealer took delivery. The rust shouldn't happen and the stains will probably come out. The dealer should look after that for you. I agree with not working with the salesman if that starts being futile. The service manager should understand service.
If the stains were not readily visible when you looked at the boat then they would have some responsibility to tell you about them, or they didn't know but should have when they prepared the boat for delivery. (You were charged for that)
If all else fails and the stains don't come out and aren't where you see them, then a couple of free lifejackets and a wetsuit would cost them less than recovering things.
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2007, 4:46 AM Reply   
Mobius. I only disagree with that being used as an excuse for bad service after the deal. If this dealer is that busy or that under staffed he should fix his internal problems. With no repeat customers and bad word of mouth he will struggle as a business owner. In my humble opinion.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-04-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
Thank you guys for your input. It has been really helpful. I guess I have learned my lesson for the next time I buy a boat!