Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Here is the latest 08 Natural boot pics, sounds like they still have a little tweaking to do, but they look sweet to me!

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Jason that color combo is sick!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-05-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
jamie, i'm curious...what do you think of the '07 liquid force shane board and bindings?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Looks like my new Burton Emeralds!!! Looks sic...how do they feel?
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-06-2007, 5:28 AM Reply   
Anyone else think "Galaga" when they see that board?

Boots and board look sweet!
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-06-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
Ya, those boots look sick. Do the laces dangle?
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
my thoughts exactly Joe. **cough** ripofff
Old     (jarabacoa)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-06-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
I wonder why Dallas didn't have a closed toe designed for her?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Good one Joe, it's a Black board with Black boots...never seen anything like that before!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-06-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
SICKNESS! Chris should be getting me out a FLX board soon. I will post some pics of it.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-06-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Good call Joe and Chase, what a total ripoff. Actually though, I have some old bindings from the 90s and they are made of black rubber. black? LF MUST HAVE RIPPED THEM OFF!!! Oh, and remember Parks board from 04. It was black. LF MUST HAVE RIPPED THEM OFF!!! And remember Watson's board from 06? It was black. LF MUST HAVE RIPPED THEMSELVES OFF!!!

Give me a break guys. That is so rediculuous to think that O'brien copied LF because both are black. All similarities end at it being a similar (and commonly used) color. The shane board had a matte finish and did not have an inch of that sweet houndstooth on it. The Natural bindings do not look any more like the Shanes than they do any other closed toe bindings.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-06-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
uh, i never said o'brien ripped off or copied liquid force. i was just pointing out the color/graphic similarities.

first, the "clown shoes." now this. you guys need to quit being so defensive about your beloved o'brien gear.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-06-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Ya, it's pretty rad, Ant. (Oh, I guess Ant deleted his post.)

I love people who try to start stuff and when you fire back they act like you're the one with the problem.

It makes me feel so silly everytime.

hugs and kisses for you Joe!!!

But back to the topic. The Natural boots look awesome! I would be worried about heel lift with them though. How solid do they feel J? Do you know if the Vice bindings are exactly the same but the different colors, or are there other differences? Also, how stiff are they? I'm a stiff binding fan myself.

(Message edited by joshugan on November 06, 2007)
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-06-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
J - you know better than to listen to Joe. Eventhough he didn't SAY ripoff, we know what it meant. Chalk it up to another backhanded compliment from the man we all knew would return. The kinder, gentler Epic Joe can't keep the real one hidden forever.

Joe - Glad to see the old Joe back.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-06-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Are you gonna get a new black vest to match that? If you do I call dibs on the white one you had at Pateros.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
how do the bindings adjust angle/ duck-wise?

some kind of toothed wheeled gear underneath like liquidforce? or what?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-06-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
whats with the new boot style for Hype, O'brien, and any other ones i dont mention. they look incredibly stiff and as if they would go up to my knees. other than injured persons, why are the new designs so stiff. [honest question, don't get all deffensive]
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-06-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Trevor Ronix's relik boot is new and it is designed to be lower cut and softer yet it is still a pro model. and also the LF vantage is a softer boot too but extremely comfy. also the murray boot pretty soft.

but nowadays if you want a stiff boot; you can get a damn stiff boot. i could not move my ankles in the new byerlys with the stiffeners in
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-06-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Same direction CWB went with their boots. Faction is low cut and open toe. Answer is closed toe, low cut, very soft. Zeus is very stiff and tall and closed toe but available in an open.

Most important is the ability to come out in a hard fall. if you notice al of the problems with inserts tearing out and baseplates breaking, that is doe to a boot that does not release. Difference with snowboarding and wakeboarding is a fall in snow and you glide. Wake you stop which is a ton of strain on your ankles.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Trevor,
The Natural boot actually isn't very stiff. It has good support front too back but side too side is pretty soft.

I have tried on the Ronix Cell boots and those were some stiff boots, almost felt like ski boots.

Different strokes for different folks...some like stiff, some like soft, I would say the Naturals are in the middle.

GettingOlder pointed out what I think is also important. The ability to come out on a hard fall. Inserts tearing and baseplates breaking are only part of the problem, the other is personal injury suffered from not coming out. I have seen more people get concussions or get knocked out this year because they didn't come out of there bindings, then any other year. I'm not saying it's a fault of closed toe boots, but more the way boots are being made lately with no stretch around the calf/upper ankle.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-07-2007, 12:20 AM Reply   
i'm curious to see what the bottom of those look like, will they keep you from slipping when walking up a snowy/icy hill ?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-07-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
^^^^HAHA!

The Natural is the best board on the market IMO. That's why it has a cult following. I hope the bindings are just as good!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Clint,

Plenty of traction on the bottom for those snowy days!! Plus if you leave the baseplate attached it will kinda work like a snow shoe.

Keep'em coming guys
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
whether they resemble another company's get up or not i still think they're sick looking.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
Joe I know I'm an avid LF fan, once I get a new board, and I am also in love with the 07 black and green Shane set-up. Neither of which I could afford, but still....love em!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Jamie,

How did your summer turn out? Is your foot all better? I will make sure and let you know what events we have going on next year. Hope you can make it to some of them?

Jason
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-07-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
I see. as for the whole battle taking place here, I would say this; Maybe O.B. did Copy L.F. maybe L.F. copied Hype. Does it really matter? LF hasn't taken legal action, no company has [to my knowledge]. I am in no way at all an OB fan, period. reminds me of walmart, and stupid gimmicks, even though it may be a fine company, think of it this way; someone's in the market for a setup. they see two of the same looking setups. without any persuasion they pick one. to them, the lf's and the ob's were in the same category, the same way the LF press and the Slingshot boards are in the same category. the same way the covenant and the roam are in the same category. this thread seems to have cooled down, so I don't really know who I'm talking to, but I had something to say about it, agree or disagree.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
Jason, my summer was awesome. Though I didn't get nearly as much riding in as I wanted but it was still fun and met a lot of awesome people! And as far as my foot....well....it's back in a cast until the 16th. I wakeboarded all summer and played the first few weeks of fall softball here and it just never healed. So doctor put me back in this thing on the 8th of October and I've also got a bone growth stimulator thing I wear. So HOPEFULLY this time will do the trick and I'll be ready for snowboarding and Florida this december! And yea please let me know about any events coming up. I have to redeam myself from the last contest! lol
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-07-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
jason - my thought was space invaders.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2007, 5:16 AM Reply   
J, How tall are these Watkins bindings in relation to the '07 Xenons?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
Allen - The Naturals are about 1" taller then the Xenons.

Christopher - Yeah, the "Hounds Tooth" pattern does kinda look like the dudes in space invaders!! I didn't even know what a "Hounds Tooth" pattern was until I saw the Natural

Later,
jjakober
Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Where can i buy this set up from
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-28-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Is this available yet?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-29-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
for 08 the CWB Faction Board&Bindings are Black/grey Hounds Tooth.