Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
I wanted to get some input about the new Air 220 from anyone thats rode behind one... I've seen the boat and love everything about it... but I havent had the opportunity to get a pull off of it yet. I'm used to riding off of the Air 210, how does it compare to the 220 ???
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
...nobody has rode off the air 220?!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
How fast do you ride? That wake does not clean up until 24-25 mph. We use one in INT and we do not pull any of the kids with it because they are certainly out of their comfort zone at that speed. Heck, I'm out of my comfort zone at that speed.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine has one and said it porpoises a lot. He said the wake was OK, but he wishes he had his old 210 back as far as the wake goes.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Local guy here has one. I have not been out on it, but many of the local guys have. Have not heard one negative comment about the boat or wake. Seems to be a winner here. Linked to some photos of the wake....though most look to be surfing. You could e-mail him....but I do not think that he has any of the issues reported above.... Maybe those boats owners just didn't have things dialed in????????

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87667/374469.html?1169481767
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-05-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'm the guy that E.J. is referring to that owns the 220.

First off, I don't ride at 24 or 25 mph and the wake seems to be fine. I'm not sure where the porpoises comment comes from. I never have that problem no matter how the weight is distributed in the boat.

The wake isn't going to be as steep as the 2006 and earlier model 210s (I'm only judging from the stock ballast configuration of the 220 and other people's observations). I'm sure if you add additional ballast, you can make it steeper. With that said, the wake is great for most riders IMO. The boat is very solid and drives and handles like a dream. The surfing wake is great with stock ballast and a few people. You cannot go wrong with this boat, but I encourage you to drive and ride behind it before making your decision.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
The porpoising issue was on the first few out. CC told my buddy that they could fix it but it never seemed to to be any better. I dont know what they did different to correct the problem on the later models.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
what is porpoising exactly??
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Thats where the bow keeps bouncing up and down.
Old     (tarpongator)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-05-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have not had any issues with porpoising nor wake issues. Myself and my group have only been wakeboarding for a year so we ride about 20 mph on average. I could not be happier with the boat. Unfortunately I have no experience with a 210.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
No worries Dex, I have been riding for a few years(still cannot ride worth a turd) and let me tell you, 210's suck.....

Jason, I think I am a bachelor starting Thursday. Better half is going to Idaho with her mother to see grandma. Do you have boat show plans?
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-08-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
E.J.

Sorry for the late response. I am heading down to Lake Mead tomorrow morning (Friday). I hope you are feeling better. I'm going later on this afternoon. I went last night and didn't get to see as much as would have liked because my son was a little too tired to hang. Drop me a line if you want to go this afternoon.