Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ecuadorianwakesurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-19-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
need some help, and please correct me if something is wrong...

belly full 450 lbs
1200 lbs fatsac behind the drivers seat

starboard full 250 lbs
600 lbs fatsac in starboard locker

350 lbs on bow

4 people on the boat....

10mph

I'll try to post some pics... any suggestion on weight setup?

thanks,

Rob
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-19-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
hey Rob,

that sounds like you are on the right path (lots of weight). i don't own a nautique, but my guess if anything would be to move some of that 1200 behind the driver more towards the back locker... what problem are you having with the wake? yes please post up some pics. i'm sure some folks with ntq will chime in...
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-19-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Sounds to me that you have to much weight on both sides. The general idea is to put all the weight on whatever side you are riding. Adding weight up front can help on some boats. Try, if you haven't already, weight only on one side with no weight front or middle or other side.
Old     (jstrong89)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-19-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
I have an san 210 and I use a similar setup but without the 1200lbs, it sounds like it's too centered on the boat. Try a 250 pounder up on the bench behind the drivers seat with 6+ people in the boat and all on that side. When the rub rail is under water you know your good to go! If you can get someone to hang off the side of the tower it really helps. It's all about how much weight you can get on the one side, sometimes the ski locker weight actually hurts you.
Old     (ecuadorianwakesurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-21-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
Matt, my problem is that sometimes de wake is very tall and short, and sometimes is tall and long, its pretty weird.. i dont know if its because of the speed.. should I try going faster??

Dennis, I only put all the weight on the starboard.. no weight on port... I've read in some posts that if you only weight the backside the wake becomes taller but with a shorter pocket... I used to ride with all the weight in the back and I rode 6 feet behid the boat with that setup...

Jboarder, what do you mean with the ski locker weight can hurt you?? we usually have 1 or 2 people hanging from the tower, that helps a lot... sometimes we have the rub rail so deep in the water that we take water through the vent... should I ducked tape it?... should I remove the 1200 lbs fatsac?

thanks to everyone for your ideas!!! I'll try to post pics from these weekend...

Rob
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-21-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
i use to run wieght just in the vdrive but it was so hard for me to keep up after landing back on the board tricks like 3 shuvs and big spins.so i started running more in the bow.300 tube sac on the floor in the bow,450 in thevdrive with 500 pounds of lead going from the v drive to the middle of the boat under the seats,and a 350 on the floor.i dunno what that guy is talkin about but you DO NOT want your rub rail n the water thats how you get wash.i am running 11 1/2 behing my 210 and i promise it will work out.drew danielo rode with me like 6 months ago when he came out to cali nd we went out on the delta behind my nautique
and he loved it.