Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (florent)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-23-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
well guys,
I am new in the forum, have some good deals with ronix one, viva and bill... I have read around reviews and forum, difficult to make a choice.
I hear about hybrid rockers, continuous hybrid, 3 stage hybrid... not sure what to choose, and ifteh difference is that big.
I have a hyperlite tribute 2008, continuous, fast, nice to ride. its getting delaminated and look for something new.
I mainly ride parks and train on airtricks... I wonder if there is one board better than the other for this purpose. I'd like a good alternative for behind the boat too, for the few time I will do this.
Well, something fast, with pop and easy landing..I think they are all 3 variable edges.
I see the viva and the one very close to each other, but the bill seems different from forums I read.

Any comments is welcome!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Have you considered a Pheonix? It is a very versitile board.
Old     (florent)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-23-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am from Holland and for warranty issues I avoid to import myself, and therefore I am tight to what's available here...and the choice is not that great this year.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-23-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
i ride the ronix bill, and i absolutely love it, i only ride boat though. its a fast board and super soft landings and has awesome pop, wouldnt trade my board for anything else
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
I have been on all 3 and each board def rides way different than the rest.
I am a sloid intermediate Rider with about 4-5 inverts a few spins. I ride a sacked out Original X-star Current X-1
My thoughts......I am not a fan of the One. Even with all the changes. It too inconsisteant for me off the wake as I am not a pro rider in the perfect position all the time. It tends to snap nice sometimes and leave me begging for more others.

The original Version of the Viva was the Covin. That was my firts love for Ronix. However if you ask me the Viva is still super fast and poppy, but it is now real loos on the water. I like a more locked in feel while on edge.

The Bill was my next ride when I left the Covin. It was very Consistant and bucked really really nice. Had tons of pop for a hyrbrid board. Also was really locked in on edge. If you want a little looser feeling you could remove the Center Fin on the 09. The 2010 Bill got revamped. Became a little looser and got a whole new shape. I did like it, but the Mana also got a huge revamp in 2010. And with that I now ride the new Mana. It has all the speed, the locked in feeling, and super pop you can want. Lands lsoft too. The 09 Bill shape and ride was still my favorite year of the Bill and may be one of my all time favorite shapes and rides out there for many intro riders. Its shape and exact copy is now labled under the current District board. I find that shape to be very forgiving, poppy, smooth, and consistent from beginner level riders to pro riders. The new Mana shape just has a little more speed and kick..

Like I stated the New Mana is an awesome ride. The original pre-2010 design felt like you were pushing around the lake underneath you. It was really slow, but popped huge. With the re-design it is now wider, faster, poppier and lands much softer. As far as a 3 stage board it is one of the most consistant popping, forgiving 3 stages out there.

As far as straight cable riding Edge would go with bill for sure. However if yo plan on getting behind a boat the Manan has a grind base as well and it will bost you like no other.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.