Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            06-27-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
I blew 2 of my interior MB-Quarts speaker's up, So I decided to replace all 6 interior speakers with the JL XR speakers. The ones I installed in Harolds SAN sounded nice so he got me a set. They came with some nice cross overs and as if I didn't have enough stereo stuff in my boat I decided to make a nice display for them. I saw the display case that JL had made for Megan Majors X-star and at first I thought what a waste of space/time, but mostley just space. I thought if there was a place I could mount a X-over display case with out taking up any more room I would do it. The photos you see below are the first stages of it and the photo's you see of it in the boat are it just sitting in there not mounted, When finished it will sit up about 5-7 inches from where it is in the photo. It will have neon in it as well as a plexy glass cover that sildes into the box.

Thanks to my homeboy Jude aka(macdaddy)here on w/w. One phone call to him and he busted this box out for me. He also did the drivers side sub box for my Air and Harolds SAN. It helps when you have friends with skills. "Thanks Jude"

(Message edited by whitechocolate on June 27, 2004)

(Message edited by whitechocolate on June 27, 2004)
Old    bigd            06-27-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Dude! Why do you tease us mortals with your superhuman skillz?

By the way, you had a picture somewhere of a tool that you use to crimp terminals on power wires. You pound it with a hammer? Where can I get one? Cost? Thanks.
Old    whitechocolate            06-27-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Here is a Photo Of what I am using. I bought it for $35 from a local Stereo Shop

If you want a bad ass set of crimpers there is a set from a place called Global Metrics in Belmont Ca they cost $90 and the heads rotate like a 6 shooter gun to adjust the size and shape of the crimp they are BAD ASS.

This crimper is nice, But you have to use it on the cement floor you cant place the crimper on the floor of a boat and slam away. Or at least I dont want to try, So each time you have to lay the wire in the boat get the measurment take the wire out and crimp it on the floor.

Old    bigd            06-28-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Wow. That sucker is big. I'll look around here to see what I can find. I like the set screw types but at roughly 5 bucks each for 0 gauge, a little pricey.

I found one like yours for sale at a place called "Electronics Plus" for 70 bucks so you got a deal.

Still searching...
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=263-700

OK Here's the winner... 16 bucks.
http://www.powerstridebattery.com/store/getmainform.cfm?cfid=694734&cftoken=62977051

(Message edited by bigd on June 28, 2004)
Old    whitechocolate            06-28-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Yup $16 that looks just like the one I bought for $30
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
hey thanks for the props G