Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Anybod notice that the new Obrien Diesel is Randy Harris' old pro model. COol that they re-released it. They are totaly punkin randy, its a mid-level board, affordable, and in the description they talk about how it was design for an former obrien pro.
Old    coy            10-06-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Obrien is the s@#%
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
I love obrien
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-06-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
i can't agree more, they are really advancing the sport with new '05 line.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
Wow all of these obrien riders. Good to see more of us showing up. The 05 line is incredible, my first purchase will be a pair of argon bindings.
Old    waterdog2            10-06-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
This thread brought to you by obrien.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-07-2004, 3:10 AM Reply   
I'm dying to get on a Valhalla. I just can't wait to try one. Anyone have any reviews for me?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
How is that "totally punkin randy"?!?!?!?!?

I seems to me that O'brien is getting the punkin'!!!
Hey look, we are O'brien, after spending all of our time and resources on developing 1 cool board (Valhalla) and 3 new bindings that look like And1 basketball shoes, were left without time and money in our budget so we decided to take the easy way out and re-releases the best board that we ever made.

Plus, Randy may be getting royalties.

Maybe next year O'brien...maybe next year.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-07-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
Basketball shoes...
Those would go great with your Baller Jet Pilot vest and the Parks medallion on a gold chain.
Old    coy            10-07-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
TOOLFAN... what are you talking about. obrien having one cool board. have you ever rode obrien boards. i bet you bought a hyperlite first then heard that gator is a real good board so you went and bought a ricky g. why would you thind for some odd reason that randy would be getting payed? really im not getting any deeper than this because you already made yourself look stupid.

PS if you think the diesel is obrien best board then keep doing your little internet research buddy. you have alot to learn.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Mike,

I have ridden the Valhalla and it is great! The board is loose when ridden flat, but when you get it in edge the crook fins kick in and away you go. This board is very fast. It also has great pop and lands really soft. It's definitely the best board I have ridden. O'Brien has taken every thing I liked about the Demented and made it even better.

ToolFan,

You are right about the Argon bindings looking like basketball shoes and you know what the best part about that is? They are just as comfortable as your favorite pair of basketball shoes. When is the last time you had to take your hoop shoes off during a game because your feet hurt? I didn't think so, and thats the same with all of O'Briens new high end bindings!!! Super comfy and super supportive.

Later,
jjakober
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
My Ultras dont hurt my feet and they look decent. I get the best of both worlds. I personally think that the new O'briens look dorky. I not questioning their comfort, but their styling is alittle ghetto for my taste. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Sick,
I need to know that web address to the site that rates all of the boards so I will know which one is "the best". Let me see.....I'll read what others say about a board and allow THEM to tell me what will be perfect for me. That would have saved me alot of time and money. What was I thinking trying to form my own opinion about equipment?

I never should have demoed all of the HL,LF,CWB, Gator and O'BRIEN boards!

I should have consulted you since you are THE authority on wakeboards. I bet you are one of those guys that bought an O'Brien board and got pissed that you are stuck will some $600 cirrus-core-crap pile so you use this thread to vent your pinned up angst. Look on the bright side, you got CD bindings.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-07-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
What's wrong with CD bindings?

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
nothing, their just not flashy enough.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
ToolFan,

I guess thats the difference between you and me. I spend my time posting information about the products I like and I think others might like. I don't post my opinion on HL,LF,CWB and others in those threads because I believe the old saying "If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all"

I'm not going to try and make the things I like look better by trash talking about the things I don't like!!

Later,
jjakober

PS: Remember, this is just my opinion and you are just stating your opinion. I just try to keep mine positive.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
jjakober,

None of my comments were directed at you, trust me. You always post insightful information that was taken first hand. Alot of people dont do that, and it aggitates me. It bothers me when someone says, "man, i bet those bindings are comfy" or "that is the best board they make". What maybe comfortable for ME, may not be for YOU. The board that gives YOU the most pop, may not be condusive to MY riding technique. You know the story.

My bottomline is that O'brien equipment never impressed me. Thats just me though. To each his own.

I feel you NEED to post the negative along the positive. What if you bought the new Valhalla and as soon as you rode the fins broke off? Then you got your board shop to replace it and the same thing happened again. It wouldnt be fair to not share your bad encounter with the Valhalla and possibly let someone else go through the same thing you did. Another thing, by calling a board slow, doesnt mean you are bashing it. You are just describing its characteristics. Again, what my be slow for you, may be fast for me. I personally prefer a slower board.

Back to the salt mine.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
HAHAHHAHAH this is so funny.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
ToolFan,

No problem. I agree with you that if I had a negative experience with a product I would post about it, but thats different than posting negative info about another product just to pump up what you like. I have seen more broken bindings, from a company that I will not name, then from any other company, but I am not going to go into those posts that are praising those same bindings and try and bring them down by posting what I have seen. I will just posts the positive stuff about the things I like in hopes that someone else might try it and like it.

I guess my point is, if I dislike something and it is based completely on my opinion without any personal experience, then there really is no reason to post it.

Have a good one,
jjakober
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Jakober,

would that company happen to Hyperliter, their binds fall apart. They should all come with extra outer wraps, so that when they tear you have a replacement.
Old    coy            10-07-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yo TOOL, I mean toolfan, first off you stated

“I should have consulted you since you are THE authority on wakeboards “

I never said that I new everything about wakeboards. BUT, I do know a little. Just to let you know that I work at a wakeboard school.

Well, then you had to go off and run your mouth and said,

“A lot of people don’t do that, and it agitates (you spelled it wrong) me. It bothers me when someone says, "man, i bet those bindings are comfy" or "that is the best board they make". What maybe comfortable for ME, may not be for YOU. The board that gives YOU the most pop, may not be contusive to MY riding technique.”

THEN you say

“ take the easy way out and re-releases the BEST BOARD that we ever made.”

And then you stated,

“I bet you are one of those guys that bought an O'Brien board and got pissed that you are stuck will some $600 cirrus-core-crap pile so you use this thread to vent your pinned up angst. Look on the bright side, you got CD bindings.”

again another stupid comment. I don’t pay for my set ups. Oh and try putting some weight in your boat…………

(Message edited by Coy on October 07, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-07-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
"Just to let you know that I work at a wakeboard school."

So what. Every school needs someone to wash the boats.

Thanks for reposting everything he said. We can see for ourselves.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-07-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I think that anyone should post whatever they want to post, as long it is relevant to the topic at hand. Thats why its called a dicussion board. It just annoys me when people b&^%$ back and forth about it. Thats what shows like Jerry Spinger are for.

Now everyone kiss and make up.

PS: I have never tried Obrien so I heave no value to add to this topic whatsoever. Why did I post in this topic again?
Old    coy            10-07-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Once again some people dont know what they are talking about.... j-rod
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Are you saying the MIGHTY O'Brien would make a dumb move and re-release a crappy board just to "punk" someone? They really showed him whose boss.

Congrats on the boat washing job. I hope its everything you dreamed it would be.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-07-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
Keep posting sick(coy); you're making yourself look better and better.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH This is Awesome!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-07-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
Ding! Ding! Corners everyone. Round 2 coming up!!!

Now this is what wakeboarding is all about.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
No kidding
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-07-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
popcorn anyone? the great fight is about to continue.

round 2!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
Toolfan, You don't like the Argons? But...but...they have ZIPPERS!
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-07-2004, 11:56 PM Reply   
Some people....

We re-released the Harris board because we wanted to make our wakeboard line better. Simple as that. It's a great board. Is that so wrong?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-08-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help Chris! Could you send me a Valhalla to demo?!?!?

.....and I thought the point of re-leasing the Diesel was to "punk Randy". I cant believe I was lame enough to think that O'Brien would spend 10's of 1000's of dollars to "show someone up".