Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
She is in perfect condition. Perfect.

I am already in love. The only problem is that the boat is in NC and I am in NY. Getting the boat shipped is super expensive so I am considering trailering it back with my 2005 equinox (max towing=3500lbs) the boat + trailer wieghs 3500lbs. The trailer is in great condition (1998 prestige single axle with surge brakes). Is this a horrible idea? Its highways the whole way and I would do it at night so I can just cruise 50-55 the whole way. Let me know what you think.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
I don't know anything about your vehicle, but have you thought about renting a truck? Get a buddy and make a road trip out of it. You could do it for a couple hundred bucks, and save the wear & tear.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-05-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
I would avoid trailering at nite if at all possible, the last thing you want is a break down in the middle of the nite
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have been looking into renting a truck...uhaul and all the other moving companies won't let me tow anything that isn't their own trailer. And I think they have different hitches so my ball wouldn't fit anyways. What suggestions do you have for where to rent a truck?
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-05-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
we have the same boat and everythign and we had a tahoe to pull it and it did it liek it wasnt even back there. now i have a GMC sierra 1500 and it pulls the same i think you will be fine
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Enterprise and other car-rental companies will rent regular 1/2 ton trucks - not moving trucks. My friend rented one with a V8 and it had an insert for a tow hitch.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-05-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
I rented a truck from the local Ford dealer. My truck was having warranty repairs done. They gave me a truck. Told me not to tow with it, even though it had the tow package. (I told him I needed to take my boat on a camping trip), So, he then said that there would be no way for them to enforce this. I know that anyone for any reason can rent trucks there (FX4 package), for about $45 a day. I think for the money, you will have piece of mind, towing with a bigger vehicle.
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-05-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
I don't think its a horrible idea, We towed our 94 sport from IA to Tn and back. Its wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We left at night just so the traffic wouldn't be so bad. Just make sure all the lights work,tires have enough air, and the bearings are well greased and you sould have no problem. I was going between 75-80 on the way down to TN.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-05-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
I have a Trailblazer and wouldn't want to tow a boat that size on a single axle trailer that far, but I am the cautious type. It would be an easier haul if you could find somebody with a truck, people will come out of the woodwork to ride behind this new boat, so call on one of them for a favor and pay for the gas and food for the road trip.
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-05-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
where is the boat in nc (not that it matters just curious)
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Mooresville, NC. Anybody interested in hauling her up for me?
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Yeah i wouldnt go that far with an exuinox, i'm a little more on the scared side when it comes to towing though. I bet you would have one hot if not burning tranmission when you got home from doing that.