Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (fielder_37)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2007, 2:43 AM Reply   
I am Buying a new board at christmas and couldn't decide between the ronix one or the obrien Natural. After alot of thought i think i am gonna go with the Natural 134 because it suits my wait better (140lbs).

BUT I have tried the Ronix one and really liked it

Now my next question is what boots shall i use with the natural?
I really like the Ronix One boots and have tried them before but they recomend using the Xenons with the natural.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S where i live there is no where to demo anything
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-31-2007, 3:11 AM Reply   
I have a pr. of xenons mounted on my Obrien Cartel 141, love them. I tried the Ronix Ones before, very comfy just didnt get ankle support that i like.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-31-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Dont know about the One's but I can tell you the Xenons are the best boots I have ever used!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Who is "They" that recommended using Xenons with the Natural?

If "They" are a salesman then take it with a grain of salt!

Now that that's out of the way, I can tell you that I ride the Xenons and I love them. Super comfy, plenty of support, easy to get in and out, yet still have great hold.

Where you live, can you at least try them on in the shop. I think that the way my bindings fit is more important then the board! If I don't feel comfortable in my bindings I won't feel comfortable on the board.

Check them out and get what feels best to you.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-31-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I have a brand new pair of Xenons size M and a new Cartel in the classified section
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I ride the natural with the xenons and love it. It's been 2 full seasons and they are still going strong. My buddy had a shane with the ones and I rode it. They are pretty comfy, but I agree in that they have less ankle support. Also, my buddy ripped the laces once and the liners pulled out a couple times. They were and inconvenience, so he switched to the xenons and loves em too. Just my $0.02.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-31-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
I have an Obrien Cartel and I run Xenons with it.(Thanks Shawn) They are the most comfortable binding I have ever had. They have tons of support and lots of cushion for those "in the flat landings" I can't say that I have tried the Ronix, but I can tell you if you put on a pair of Xenons...you won't get any other pair. Good luck.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-31-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
lil_braswell's buddy does like the xenons. they're really comfortable! lol, also his buddy wasn't riding the One's they were the Cells.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-31-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
jjakober i agree, salesmen dont always know as much as they say they do.
ive never tried the ones, but xenons are amazing bindings! i had a pair last season but changed to factions because i liked how they were more flexible, but xenons are really good!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-31-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
I love my ones. I have never tried on the xenons but I have tried on tons of boots and none are as comfy as the ones. Even my shoes aren't as comfy.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
That’s another reason why trying them on is so important...David said he switched to the Factions because he thought the Xenons were too stiff. I have had some people try my Xenons and they say they were too soft. It's all personal preference, so try them on if you can!