Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (idahotige)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
I need to get a new board but I am not sure what to get. I currently have a CWB Flame but I am looking for something a little faster, lighter, and with more pop. Give me your input.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Don't know anything about the CWB flame but I ride the 08 LF witness and love it. Definitely worth checking out. Any questions don't hesitate.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
This is a pretty broad question, but if you want to stick with CWB check out the Transcend and the Marius. I used to ride a Transcend and now am on a Marius Platinum, and love that board. Fast, light, and consistent.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-14-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
HIT UP THE B-SIDE BY HYPERLIE. BLEND OF THE OLD 3DS AD PREMIER SHAPES....BEST BOARD OUT RIGHT NOW.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-14-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
How aggressive of a pop are you looking for? You are just going to get everyone promoting the board that they own. If you can Brian, try to specify what you would really like in terms of looseness, how fast, how much pop, ect. If you want the lightest set up you can possibly get, you're looking at all of the high end boards from every company, all which have a hefty price tag on it. Although it is the board I ride, I am not suggesting it for that reason. The Ronix One sounds like it suits what you are looking for quite well. It has a fairly aggressive 3 stage, compared to the subtle 3 stage on your flame, it is one of the faster 3 stages, and is very light.
Old     (idahotige)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-14-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
Blake, I have not been on very many boards for comparison sake, but I would like a with more aggressive pop than what I have, and faster than what I have. As far as the looseness, I don't want it overly loose, I guess I would say something that is loose in neutral but hooks hard when on edge. The Ronix One is a board I have been considering but I am wondering how loose of a board it is. My short list of boards so far would be 1. LF Lyman 2. Ronix One 3. LF Witness 4.Hyperlite B-side. Thanks for the input and I appreciate any further help.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
09 Cwb Absolute
Cwb Transcend
Hyperlite B-Side
Hyperlite Marek
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-14-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Brian, the One I would consider moderately loose with the stock fins, it will be looser than your flame I believe but still a bit sticky. I have never ridden a flame, but I have ridden a board somewhat similar to it. The One was much looser than what I was on, but it has a bit of grip to it. All in all, it tracks very well when on edge, and you can break it loose pretty easily.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
"I would say something that is loose in neutral but hooks hard when on edge"

thats straight up watson without the center fin.

that board is really poppy. hooks really hard. and fairly loose while neutral with no center fin.

that board rocks
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-14-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
Another recommendation here for the Hyperlite B Side.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
the cwb flame is the old absolute cut from 02 and 03 i believe check the shape in the board guide.

in any event with cwb the new marius will fit the bill.....and i would also recommend the lf shane or lyman.

I dont like the new absolute for that.
Old    thebiggmann            07-14-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
Tried the one and hated it. LOVE my Lyman tho and still trying to get a read on my murray. The One was so locked in flat and I didn't feel like it was locked on edge. Idk, maybe I just suck haha. I feel like my Lyman is nice and loose neutral but locked on edge. The Murray I feel is similar thus far, maybe slightly less locked on edge and definitely less forgiving on landings, I think its harder to pull stuff out if I land sketchy. Just my 2 cents, everyone will probably disagree tho, cuz that's what we do :-)