Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-13-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
well it all started out like this...........

my dad and i just got new CWB boards and was so excited to try them out. we go to the marina that we store our boat at on sat. we enter our code into the key pad and lock the gate. my dad drives his truck about 100 feet and gets out panicing."Son of a bitch" i heard him yell out. i come running around the corner and im shocked as all hell.. i didnt know what to think or do. Our 4 speakers on the tower were gone. my dad called the police and reported it. we waited about an hour for the cop to show up. when he does he looks over the boat and finds nothing. i was so bumed out that this happend. they also tried to take the amps and broke one in the process. the wierd thing is that there were 5 other boats with speakers. and the one thing that is too odd about this is all the other speakers were held on with clamps and ours you had to use an alen head

we still went riding and stayed the night at our house. we had a hell of a time and didnt dwell on it. but now we brought the boat home and im mad at it but it kinda breaks my spirt that someone would do that. i thought that there was an unwritten rule.REPECT OTHERS BOATS. i guess not. i am just so down right now and dont know what to think of it.. basically it sucks and that all i can do

but if anyone sees someone selling 4 clarion crome speakers or something please tell me . i just want them back
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan. That sucks buddy. To make matters worse, I'm not going to sell you those extra lead pop bags I have anymore.

But really I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder if most boat audio equipment is stolen by wakeboarders, or if our boats are just an easy target for scumbags.

You guys don't have individual storage units? Just a covered lot or something?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Oh...so how were the new CWB boards? Or was your peformance hindered by silence?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-13-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
NO POP BAGS!!!! hahah well its under a roof with lights..

and the transend is were its at . tried out the mar. but i didnt feel right on it trans yup... silence sucks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
I decided to keep them for when we are low on people.

Glad you like the Transcend.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-13-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
cie isnt giving away a pair of speakers are they???

i just looked at the boat and it suck so bad that someone would do that
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
thieves suck major donkey balls! i hope these mother effers get caught and given 2 minutes alone in a room with the people he stole from!

i hope you thieves get hit by a freakin' semi!

ryan, sorry to hear dude. hope everything works out.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
Ryan,

Buy a LOT of Spring Ride raffle tickets. We'll have lots of prizes for your tower.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2006, 5:28 AM Reply   
Thanks sucks...It happened to me last year
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
"the one thing that is too odd about this is all the other speakers were held on with clamps and ours you had to use an alen head"

This reminds me of my buddy's old Jeep. He had a CJ-7 with the soft top and full soft doors. The doors don't even have locks since it'd be kind of pointless anyways but that didn't stop people from cutting his window out on two occasions to get inside the vehicle. A lot of times petty thieves don't think ahead about the crime. They just find what they can get the most for at a pawn shop and take the item as quickly as possible. They probably wouldn't have taken the time to notice that the other boat's speakers are easier to take off.

As far as my buddy's Jeep goes, he just started leaving his doors open when he parked after that. Unfortunately, there's not quick solution to avoid having speakers taken.

There might be an unwritten rule to respect other boats but there's a written rule about not stealing and people break that one. I'd let other boaters at the marina know what happened. You might be able to raise enough concerns that the marina beefs up security.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
I would be willing to bet that the person that stole your stuff is a local resident in the area or someone that works at the marina. The probable reason your stuff got stolen and that other boats did not is that someone heard how good your boat sounds on the way in. Most thieves steal the easy stuff to get out fast, since yours was the hardest to get to, should tell you something.....Check with the marina, maybe they have insurance for that type of stuff, if not at least see if they can get you replacements at cost.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       02-14-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
Theives are stupid. I had my car broke into once and they ripped the cd player out of it then threw the face plate out the window at the end of the driveway.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-14-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Ryan,
There absolutely IS an unwritten rule amongst boarders and boaters: respect each other's boats and equipment, and watch out for each other. Someone has violated that spirit. We will all be on the lookout for the scumbags!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-14-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Hey Bro,

Not that it makes any of it easier but Iv'e been there too... If you have a pic of your speakers that were on the tower post em up, I will keep an eye out on ebay / craigslist / etc.... Most of all I am glad it didn't break your spirit, glad to see you wen't out anyway and had a good day.

As others said I would also talk to the Marina / neigboors / etc. Also you mentioned lights, I am unsure of your setup, but you may want to get some brighter / motion senser ones that would make the area look like DAYLIGHT. Hang in there bro, see ya at the spring ride..

-=peace=-
Lzy
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Ryan- Did you check to see if the Marina has any type of security cameras that might have caught something on tape, it might be worth a shot.

At any rate it sucks and I feel your pain since I have had stuff jacked from my boat before.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-14-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Keep an eye out on ebay, they just busted some local guy for stealing fourwheeler's around here and sellign them on ebay. The guy had been doing it for almsot a year untill one of the "victims" spotted his fourwheeler on ebay.

Post pics up adn we'll keep an eye out.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-14-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
What goes around comes around. If you have the chance to be at his trial, when he gets caught, make sure you request he gets sent here http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/miracopjail.htm
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-14-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear it Ryan... I think there used to be an un-written rule, but Wakeboarding is growing and un-fortunately with more people comes a lack of respect. I think some of the "one big family" mentality is gone. I remember leaving all my gear on my boat at the marina and not thinking about it. Now I park where I can see it and stash stuff out of site if possible.

Maybe when you get some new speakers you could hook up some quick realeases so you can take 'em down when you store 'em. The trouble with storing it in the same spot is that the theif will expect you to put gear back up and may try a second round.

Sucks bro.... I'd love to get my hands on one of those guys.

On a side note, glad to hear you like the Transcend.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-14-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
there is hope though.. the marina put up cameras about a week ago but we last saw the boat about two weeks ago so theres hope...

but aaron ill post pics when i get home.. if anyone sees anything odd, like doesnt know the speakers in the description or selling them cheep. the were stolen from rivers end...

thanks guys
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-14-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Sorry to hear that, we were launching yesterday and it looked like they were working on adjusting the cameras. And just when I was thinking of possibly moving my boat out there.
Old    jeff_h            02-14-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Dude that sucks. We just bought a new boat that has tower speakers and are kinda worried about the same thing happening. I think that I will get some quick releases like C.I.E....Evan was saying.
Glad to hear that you like the new board, but you have to be bummed.
Old     (tantrum916)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-14-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
My friend Dan owner Scream n Sacs had his whole system stolen out of his boat about a month ago. He was very upset about it. They also messed the boat up in the process like $6,000.00 in stereo and damage to the boat. West Mar covered it all, but still pisses you off. Worst part it happened at his house when he was home.........He was pissed about that.

People who still stuff like that are just low lifes that can suck my you know what....No not really my you know what is too good to let a low life like that suck..LOL

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-14-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Sorry for your misfortune.

That's the leading reason why I'll never put speakers or lights up on my tower. Two years ago my old boat was broken into twice but there's wasn't anything of any value on the boat, then later that year I bought a stainless steal prop but only owned it for about 4 days before it was stolen. Last year all my boards were stolen. I really wish my garage was big enough for my boat. Thieves suck.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I am so sorry this happened to you I know how it feels to have something stolen it's not cool and yes i do hope those mother effers get caught. i will defently keep my looks out for the speakers.

Zach
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-15-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
does anyone have any other ideas of how to secure the speakers to be thief proof??
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
No such a thing as secure anymore. Check out samson quick release tower speakers. Sorry to hear of you're loss.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
I thought I missplaced my wallet one time when it actually got stolen out of my truck. My bank account was drained of over 13,000 grand over a 6 week period. (Its an emergency account that I never use)One day I went in to Bofa to take out 20 bucks so I could go to lunch, they told me I was overdrawn by almost 500 bucks. I told them that was impossible. Anyway long story short, About a month later the detective working my case called me and said they had photos of the guy from the cameras at the bank. I rushed down to see them very excited that maybe I knew this person and we could finally kick his AS$#@!. He handed me the photos I took one look and my heart sank. It was one of my best friends who I had known for years. Our families did things together all the time. They were going thru financial trouble and I guess when your back is to the wall you will resort to almost anything. Moral of the story, dont rule anyone out. Im finding out these days you just can't seem to put trust in many people. Goodluck I know how it feels when someone does something like this...like a punch in the gut!!!
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-15-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Daniel, I had that same thing happen to me several years ago. My wallet disappeared and a while later a "friend" went to my bank with a fake ID he made up with my name and his picture and tried to empty my bank account. Fortunatly the girl at the bank knew me so when he came in she stalled him and called the cops. They picked him up before he even got out of the bank.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Craig, aint it crazy? Starts to Jade you after a while.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
I would think that someone could make clamps with a hole through the top and bottom so a lock can fit through. It would not be completely thief proof, but they would need a big bolt cutter to carry around with them.