Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
So I am looking for some experienced advice in this area...specifically a "mold" situation in a home I am trying to purchase.

Long story short after TWO appraisals, we finally got docs to title for funding. They come back saying that because my agent wrote down mold instead of mildew I needed to get a mold inspection. On top of that because the agent noted "cracking" in the chimney I needed to have this inspection done. Mind you I have already paid for a general and roof inspection.

So I get the results from both the masonry (chimney) and mold inspection. Chimney says its not to code and requires the strap around the chimney...no mention of danger of cracking bricks! Since its "not to current code" (house was built in 1940) its not "safe".

Now we get the mold back today. No specific results or any sort of figures, pictures...NOTHING! They simply indicated mold and $1200 bucks to tear the crap out of the bathroom "remedying" the situation...wtf? I responded with..."since you are professional I would like to see the figures, particulate matter and their relation to health and safety standards". I basically get a response saying that there are "no standard figures and they cannot release the data"? Again WTF?

So now what am I to do? Do I let them tear the bathroom apart...potentially find new mold, displace the renter of the property and go through all this crap because they found some mold in indicated areas such as the "shower tile grout"?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help.