Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-30-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Thinking about riding Vic's on Labor Day but not sure what the conditions will be and how crowded it will get. I usually go during the week where there's only a handful of boats. Anything I should watch out for? What dangerous situations have you observed out there at Vics? Thanks everyone.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Sometimes people power turn through one or two of the breaks in the tully's without looking and cut you off. And if boats are docked on the island by the houses, drop your rider when safe and pick them back up once you've idled around the bend. My favorite though is when someone pulls their rider up right in front of you, putting everyone involved in immediate danger. Have fun and be safe.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-30-2008, 6:03 PM Reply   
it was blown out today the whole delta was and it was a joke all of the people who take thier boats out twice a yr were doing dumb shizz everywere
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-01-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
We road Saturday and Sunday all day with little to no wind. We spent time at railroad and later in the evening at the end of rock slew. Lots of idiots out with there boats doing dumb stuf. We stayed safe and used extra observers to watch for other boats.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-01-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
It was pretty blown out early today. Calmed down a little this afternoon
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-01-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
funny we were on railroads to sun wasnt as bad but one side was blown out sat everywere was grantline,railroads,vics,holland tract area, old river everywere was garbage, i guess we have different ideas of what blown out is. I live out here so i guess i'm spoiled. its still super windy right now with white caps in our bay. We were in RR on sunday my boy hit something submerged right in the middle of the slough bent the shizz out of his prop.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
Well today was crap. I gambled going out with a 20mph north wind. This is what I found at an undisclosed location of the south Delta at around 3pm this afternoon. I swear if this crap keeps up I'm moving...hahahaahhahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!

Upload
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-01-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
wow funny my phone never rang!! lol... i was on the phone with couple of the boys in disco and they said dont bother its chiat. what do i get if i guess the spot. haha. can you call me next time please............hows about wensday? you off? call me. lates G. glad you got some uhm butta and not butta without the A. word
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
What's up Bryan? I didn't bother because we were out for a grand total of 2 hours (not worth your drive). Just some maintenance riding. We gotta get out ASAP. Weds is a possibility. And no you don't get to guess the spot just because you've been ridin it lately! LOL I leave for Vegas thursday, i'll let you know about weds.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-02-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
what secret spot is that? it looks like the same one i ride everyday. it is a little shallow on that side tho.

(Message edited by romes on September 02, 2008)
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Ya it's what your thinkin jr. Bryan's jealous and he probably wants to start storing his boat around there, haha B i'm kiddin. The middle of labor day and we only saw 2 other boats. Where were you guys? The island looked abandoned.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-02-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
we were all in town for most of the weekend. we rode last nite tho....it was so damn nice at sunset.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-02-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
ya the wind completely died around 7. That spot was blown out super bad sat. But I figured somewere would be ridable that looks nice. It is a surprsing though. You got lady luck on your side. Good thing I live on the water cause now tonight I'm taking advantage of riding tonight. Jr whats up homie when we getting out??
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-02-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
prolly not this week. busy and its nicoles birthday friday and we're headin to the city sat nite. next week for sure
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Rode out of the Delta Wakeboard Camp Friday and Saturday with good water. Sunday was blowing pretty hard and Monday we went out and braved the gust and found a couple of spots were we could ride. Just as long as you kept your tricks to below the bank otherwise you would get blown back onto the wake. Derrick Conway and Tony Carroll were killing it. Toe 9s, heel and toe 7's and crow 5's were the tricks of the day. Also loving the Raley to switch and the batwings to blind. Both the boys were throwing down off the big Epic wake. As the boys said, "It was Mackin"
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Were you guys in a red Epic?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Yes we were. Sometimes we were riding other times giving lessons
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
sick boat.. you passed us as we were boarding the other direction..
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
hahahaha Isaac i was with Ben and the crew. i remember passing by ur boat. thats funny haha.