Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if they are still doing the muscle inspections after yesterdays labor day weekend? or is this a year round thing?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-02-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
yo hommie i just tried to call you back, at work, you trying to go ride anderson this evening or what.

as for the inspection, yo no se, lets ride in the morning, lates B
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
The inspections are scheduled to continue through to the end of the year. I think the mussel threat will be evaluatated at that time to determine if inspections will continue.

I'm looking to ride Friday morning and know I'll be looking for people to ride with. Let me know if you can make it.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
what time to what time?
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-02-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
yup....till the end of the year, at least. Probably longer from what I was told.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-02-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
I was inspected / banded and checked all three days this past weekend.
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
I like starting at 8am and doing a half-day. With 3-4 riders we should be done by noon. I'm flexible but wouldn't want to be on the water any later than 9am. Looking at the forecast, the water should be good until 1.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Im down.. did your boat come with PP or did you install? 8am would be awesome
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
I installed it myself and highly recommend it.

Two confirmed for Friday. Let's see if Bryan or anyone else can make it and doesn't mind riding behind an I/O. Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
I think Bryan was saying he had to work? I called and talked to him earlier we are supposed to ride this weekend as well on his bu.. but I remember him telling me he was working on Friday

how much was it and did you install or shop?
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
OK, Thanks for the update.

At the time, the best price I found was at http://www.skiertoskier.com/ for approximately $1,050 OTD. I installed it myself so saved a few hundred dollars in labor. The new ones that are GPS based should be easier to install because it doesn't require drilling a 2" hole for the paddle wheel.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
awesome, thanks Ill check it out.. I dont care what I ride behind.. I just like to be away from work hahahaha
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Do you typically have Fridays off from work? Got a third for this Friday. The girlfriend has been wanting to ride but haven't taken her along the last few times out. We'll be loading up all 2K in ballast.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
whadup.. no I normally work on fridays but ill either take a pto day or work a half day in the office.. Ill decide tomorrow..Awesome! I can bring another 300lb sac if you want :-) Let me know aside from Gas Money what else you want me to bring.. Im stoked, love riding with new people
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
I don't think there's any real necessities. Maybe your iPod and rope and handle if you're picky about your handles (I am). Got water, sunblock and everything else. I have my wake pretty much dialed with the ballast I have so we should be good.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
check.. I got a few handles.. Im pretty in love with one of them so ill bring that out.. how big is your boat?
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
Were you going to bring the rope too... makes it easier to change. Boat is 20' and for sale. Have my eyes on the 09 VLX but need to sell first.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
sure, Ill bring my rope/handle...