Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-08-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
I've ridden a 2001 Premier for the past 4 years and really liked the shape. Well, I broke the board and now I'm looking at the 2005 market. I think I'm ready for a change from the old Premier shape but I didn't much care for the new Premier shape. That being said and knowing that I haven't had a chance to demo anything else yet:

What boards would be a similar ride to the old Premier shape? Substance? Absolute? Gonzalez?

Yes, I will demo some boards this summer but I at least wanted to narrow down the field based on what has worked for me in the past.

Thanks!

(Message edited by eubanks01 on March 08, 2005)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-08-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
The Gonzales is the old Premier mold.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-08-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, I knew the Gonzales board was very similar. I guess I didn't know it was the exact same board.

I guess I would also be open to shapes like the new Murray board which I haven't ridden yet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I'd definately go with the Absolute. It rides similar, but is a bit faster and has much smoother landings. I ride it finless & it is pretty slow on the water but once on edge it charges withthe best of them. The center spine makes landings extremely soft. It also has a bunch more rocker and really boots you up. The other difference is there is no channels in the midsection so all the tracking is done off the tail. Good luck, try it out you will not be disappointed.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-08-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
I'd look at the Gonzales and maybe the Lyman board too... I used to ride the Premier (old shape) and went away from it, but tried the Gonzales and remember why I loved the shape before. Really would like to try the Lyman though - it seems like it would be another similar ride to the original Premier...
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
Another good board to look at is the Substance