Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-24-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
How are the liquid force transit bindings? How would you compare them to the quality of the Shane or Watson bindings?
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
I hated mine. I couldn't get them tight enough. I would get ripped out almost every time it bit it hard. I switched to hyperlite 3DS. IMO, they are one of the best bindings for retention and support. They are super stiff and it almost feels like you're in a snowboard boot. I don't know about the others you asked about, sorry.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-24-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
My transits are the bomb. I have a 12.5 foot and wear the lg with xl footbed. They were a bit snug in the beginning but a few hot tub sessions and they broke in.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-24-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
I've been using Transits since they came out and they are great bindings. Super comfy and easy to get tight. Plus, I haven't used binding lube since I started using them, which is great until somebody with tight boots comes on board and I don't have any lube for them! :-)

I haven't tried the Shanes or Watsons, but I do have a pair of closed-toe Watsons sitting next to me waiting for a test run. They're really going to have to perform to beat out my beloved Transits!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
I also love my transits. Bought my firsts in 05, then in 06 I bought the Minx, but only used them for a couple of times and I went back to my transits. They've held up pretty good... 2 years with year round use, salt water and sun. I think Im gonna be getting the transits again this year. My boyfriend has the watsons and he really likes them, but Id rather have my transits
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-25-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Eric, are you sure you had the right size? When I demoed a pair, I couldnt get out of them on any hard crashes. I thought they were excellent boots and super comfortable. I personally went with the CWB Factions because I did not need the stiff ankle support and the heel hold down on the factions were a little better. IMO, they were the third best bindings I ever put on my feet, with the first being the Factions and the second being the Zeus.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
I have had two pair, the original grey and now the all black. Both were very comfy. I have long narrow feet so I really have to cinch them down. I only eject on really hard crashes. Like DW said...no lube, which is a huge bonus. My only complaint with the new ones is that there are 2 sets of laces. Also with cinching tham down, I have a lot of extra lace and they do get wrapped around my unnaturally long toes from time to time.

I am kicking around the idea of going with Limited Shanes when they come out. I like the idea of closed toe, and the lace keepers look nice. Style is a personal thing I guess.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
i have 06 transits and love them! they are nice and tight but they aren't super stiff which is how i like them! i tried every binding one last year and these were the ones for me :-)
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-25-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
The 05 transits in my opinion were the best. Stiff, durable and looked great. 2nd best pair of bindings I had behind my Zeus. Found the 06 lost a lot of the stiffness as compared to my 05s.
Old    malibu73            01-25-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
I've been reading in the new wakeboarding mag that the shanes are designed softer to be able to polk out tricks? Does this mean that the transits, being stiffer, are harder to polk out tricks with?
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-25-2007, 11:49 PM Reply   
I have 06 Transits. They are very durable and comfortable, but I get alot of heel lift. They don't lock your heel down much. Maybe it is cause I have long narrow feet? I wear about a US 11 shoe, and I have the Large Long (Large overlay with XL footbed). My toes stuck over the edge with the large. They fit stug over the top of my foot, but the heel area seems very wide.

I think I'll look into CWB Fuse or Zeus next.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-26-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
hey chad....its "poke"
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-26-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I have 05 Large Narrow Transits and the 06 Large. I love the 05 Large Narrows, I rarely pop out. I wish they still made them in the narrow version for my skinny feet. I agree with Fabian in that the 06 feel less stiff than the 05.
Old     (bellada1)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
I have 06' L.E. Transits, Love em', never need lube to get in, hold tight, no complaints at all...