Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-27-2004, 5:56 AM Reply   
Help!!
I just got my 150 amp alternator from battery shack and I am confused. I am installing it into my Air Nautique, and I was told that it would be a one wire unit that just goes to the battery now...It has the one battery screw on back, but there is also a small white wire coming out of the side as well, where does this wire go???

And for the battery wire is it better to go from the alternator to the breaker and then to the starter like stock or straight to the battery...I am truly confused now. Please help me sort this out.
Old    whitechocolate            05-27-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
I dont Know what the white wire is I wouldnt worry about it Disregaurd it.

The way I have my set up is
4 G wire from alternator to the 150 amp breaker, Then another 4 G wire up to the battery's
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-27-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Grant, where did you run the wire up to the batteries??? I can't figure out where to Run all that 4 GA wire. I don't need any more wire running along the topside of my boat or under the gunnels...it is filled with speaker wire and RCAs. (That is a bunch mor 4GA wiere to buy...like, another 30'...right?)
Old    whitechocolate            05-27-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Rich: You are a scatter brane! I took the time to buid a website that would help people like yourself, DYI guy's. I have the exact same boat as you. I even have a page on my website that showes you how to do WITH PHOTOS what you are asking. Either your not reading the instructions that are at the bottom of each photo or you think im off my rocker and are looking for diffrent ways to do it. Let me know wich one it is so I can or cant help you,

I dont know or care to wire or bring power up to your batterys any other way becides the way Im telling you in my post above, If you call Bill at the battery shack,where you bought the alternator. He will tell you to do it the same way as Im telling you.

Now if your dont want to run the 4g wire Im talking about, Thats fine just hook it up to the stock wire and bring your FIRE Hose. And dont for get the marshmellows. Good Luck
Old    whitechocolate            05-27-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
BTW: If I sound like a ass its because I posted with much scarcasim, and I am joking with ya as I try to give you as much info as I know. so sorry if it came off hard.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-31-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Hey Grant-
Thanks for the help...just wanted to be sure. I had someone helping me and they were very uneasy about wiring the alternator that way...but it worked...and so did everything else.

I was at shasta from Friday until today...I finished the stereo and alternator on Friday morning at 12:30 in the morning and hooked up the boat and headed for the cabin. I had the boat launched by 6AM... and proceeded to tune the new stereo on the water.

I mounted the JL 1000/1 amps with the brackets like you had mentioned ant it worked great...hit double ups all weekend and they stayed right where I mounted them. The 2 1000/1s powering the 2 JL 12W7s absolutely pounded all weekend. It is nice having a stereo that you don't have to run at full blast to hear while riding.

And on a side note after a confrontation from me and my neighbor the kid, that stole my last set of 12w7s and the PG 1200.1 amps with the deck and some dvds and a few other items, decided to come clean and fess up. He returned most of the stuff thursday night before I left and he said that he should have the rest of it by today...so we will see.

Hope everyone had a good memorial day

PS Grant...I am fairly scatter brained...oh well