Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-30-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
i saw a new 03 x5 (closed bow) for around 30,000 with bimini cdplayer tower speakers fiberglass platform i was wondering how the wake is and how people liked the boat, and if the price seems like a good deal or if i can lower. Thanks
Old    hk_usp_45            05-31-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
i have one and love it, but i use it more for skiing. the x5 is the same hull than the 19 skier.
when you way it down, with the fatseat it makes a great wake, some say a little narrow but steep.
the price seems what i payed for it.
look at my profile......good luck
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-31-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
I have 2000 and love it. However, I would not like it if it were a closed bow. Nice to have the xtra seating up there being that the boat is small. Also the open bow is great for storage.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-01-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
I looked at these a few years ago and ended up buying an x-7. Keep in mind that the market for closed bow boats is very small and theres a lot of closed bow boats for sale. This boat will not be easy for this guy to sell. 30k is waaaaay high in my opinion. You could have bought that boat new for about that. I would say low 20's. Just my .02
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Sup Dude,
Was next to one at Havasu last week...nice boat..i have a '93 Prostar 190..same hull..if money is an issue look for a good 190..with a tower, 300lbs. and an acme prop (3blade) 5 people i get a real nice knee high wake. Our wakes were the same.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
That price seems high. We are currently selling an '03 Centurion promo boat, open bow LaPoint, that had an MSRP of over $39,000 for $27,000. I know of a new '03 197 for about the price you are talking above. It doesn't have tower or tower speakers, but you are really looking at a mid 90's boat with the X5. It came off of the Mid 90's Pro Stars, 2 hull changes ago. That seems steep. If you are in the 30k range, start looking at used promo boats on boattrader, there are probably a couple in Michigan and some have towers.

(Message edited by kstateskier on June 22, 2004)
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
I think 30K is very expensive for that boat! With a closed bow and can only had around 5 or 6 people 30 sound to high