Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-03-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
Can I set up a shade tent awening thing?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
Definitely Chris! A small shade tent is allowed. 8'x8' or a 10'x'10 if there is a group of you attending.

***Also, don't forget to bring lawnchairs and/or blankets for yourselves as well.

70 Degrees, Sunny and no wind today!!

Forecast For Saturday May 10th
Sunny and 70 Degrees!! The forecast keeps improving everyday for the event.

Ticket sales are coming in everyday. Please, if you're planning on attending, grab your tickets soon so we can get a definite head count for the caterer. Also, I can let the sponsors know how many will be there as well. We can't do ticket sales the day of the event. We are not allowed to do any sales at the park. And if you know anyone else who might be interested, please spread the word! Let's make this event HUGE!!!
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Kraig, I am still not sure if I have to work that day. I might be in for 2! How many ticket sales do you have this year!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Man, I won't be able to be there until later on because my daughter has a basketball game at noon. Grrrr....

I can't remember, beer is allowed right?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
Paul- You've got to make it this year! You missed it last year. BJ with Liberation will be at the event this year.

Timmy- We'll be there all afternoon for ya!
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-04-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
hey guys.. im moving to colorado springs on june 15th.. wish i could attend the event to meet some fellow boarders from there. hopefully i will meet some of yal this summer. dont know ne one who boards there and dk where to go to board.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-05-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
It was absolutely gorgeous today! 75 degrees, sunny and no wind! Feels like lake weather!
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
Hey Kraig just letting you know that we just purchased 4 tickets and my buddy just got 2 more.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-06-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
What up Paul! Awesome to hear you're going to be at the event again this year! I did see your ticket purchases. Thanks for helping to spread the word.

See ya at the event! Pulls start at 9 a.m. Best water is usually earlier.

We're only a few days away and ticket sales keep coming in. I will need to give the final head count to the caterer within the next day or so. Please, if you're planning on attending, grab your tickets soon so I can lock down the head count.

(Message edited by kraig on May 06, 2008)
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2008, 11:49 PM Reply   
I am going to set up my shade at like 8 am, is that cool, and do you need help? secondly If you need to over estimate on the head count for the caterer, then do so, and offer to sell the extras as "togo's"? Chef to chef. Thirdly, mad stoked yo! Point D, After the party, theres the After party? I got a house, and or would like to attend an event at some ones house. And finaly point cinco, I just read my first post, and I said I would bring pizza, but I got layed off, so I wont bring pizza....
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
I drove by sloans yesterday and saw some guys out and was wondering if it was anyone that posts on here. Can't wait for Saturday
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-07-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
nice profile pic Patrick! We need to ride together!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-07-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Chris- I've been thinking about doing an after Meet & Greet party at my house and everyone can crash. I've got plenty of extra room. We could do a huge party on the back patio next to the outdoor gas fireplace. It's been a thought, haven't done anything to get ready for it. Been busy planning the Meet & Greet.

Glad to see you're going to make it out Patrick!
Old     (x_rated)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-07-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys, the crew from Tommy's wanted to wish you the very best this Saturday at the meet and greet. Wish we could be there but i guess we got 86ed. politics blow! Anyway hope the weather works out for you guys.
Lets keep the wakeboarding scene going in Colorado, the Collegiate Nationals are May 16th thru 18th, at Boulder Res. Semifinals and finals will be on Sunday and aired on CBS, so lets make this huge. Malibu will have a VIP lounge set up with catered food on Saturday, so if you plan on going up for it stop by Tommy's and we'll hook you up with VIP passes.
There are a lot of awesome tournaments set up for this Summer, so if you are interested in riding or watching check out gettommys.com and milehighwakeboarding.com for more info.

Have Fun, Go Big!}}
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-07-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Thanks JD! Awesome to have a major event like the nationals here in Colorado and on top of that, aired on CBS. Hopefully this is the start to more national events coming to Colorado. Gotta give props to Tommy's for supporting it!

I'd like to give a BIG Thanks to David Williams of Wakeworld!! Dave really stepped up this year with free schwag for the event. There's even a Wakeworld Jersey up for grabs in the raffle! Again, thanks Dave we'll be displaying that WW banner with pride!

(Message edited by kraig on May 07, 2008)
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
Man, the weather forecast looks crappy now..

I won't be there until about 2 - save some BBQ for me!!!!
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-07-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
Kraig, just purchased 5 tickets. I have to have my boat at Kustom Kar Audio at 8am Sat. morning, and pick it up later that day. I'd love to make it to the after-party, but was curious if there will be a place I could park with the boat, preferably somewhere that I could see it. Let me know, thanks a lot man, look forward to seeing everyone...!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-07-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
why no tommys
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-08-2008, 12:28 AM Reply   
Ryan, glad to hear you are making it over to our side of the mountains! You are more than welcome to crash at my house, I have plenty of room to crash and plenty of room to park the boat! Give me a call if you get a chance! 720-363-3000
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-08-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Ryan, were you at Bostons over the weekend with your boat?
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
ok, it's gunna be my nephew's first time riding behind a "real" wakeboard boat ... everyone please go big and show him tricks. this is my bday gift to him, plus for his graduation i bought him his own board and bindings - trying to spread the stoke in my own little way. torey - get in touch when you get out here and i'll make kraig introduce you to a bunch of folks!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-08-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
damn, aunt kylie, you rule!!!!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-08-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
JD, I'm sure there was a mis-communication somewhere. I seriously doubt that Kraig would 86 anyone, no less you guys. To 86 the largest shop in the area with an email list of half the western US wouldn't be the best move for growing the sport here in Denver. Should probably hit him up privately.

Our team will be up at the Nationals to help judge and drive so looking forward to seeing the Florida boys FREEZE their booties off here in our 50 degree water!! They better not fall or their runs will go to squat. It's soooooooo cold here compared to Texas and Florida the last couple weeks.

Ryan, I assume you're crashing at my place so nothing would make me smile more than to have 3 boats worth 90k or more, in front of my house to po all the snobby neighbors I have. We have to bust out the cameras.

Also, not to hijack but check out the LiveStrong post for updates. We have a very special visitor in town and have a few cool prizes. Hope a few can make it out.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-08-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
i will go (off) the record and say that i doubt there was any miss communication on behalf of both parts. just my own thoughts.

hopefully if stays warm for saturday!!
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-08-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
Dan, yep that was me at Boston's. Thats our usual place to eat after a day on the lake. We were just out at Highline for the day. Were you out on the water or just passing by. Also, are you going to the Meet and Greet? If so, when are you headed up? Talk to you later
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-09-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
well that's it ... if we're all fighting over ryan, then i'm jumping on the band wagon. what's wrong with my place? i thought your friends enjoyed crashing on my floor! or is your buddy still mad about his pillow? lol! i have no room for 5 people in the condo, but 2 could sleep out on the deck on lounge chairs, and i have no place for your boat except the home depot parking lot across the street, which is very well lit. j/k see ya saturday!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-09-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
I have floor space out the yang hole! Talked to the second most beautiful girl (my wife was there, and this is from her mouth;) at tommys today, she said they are not involved this year due to the nationals. Not enough time people to do both.
Old     (aspenshayn)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-09-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
I am proud to say I finally purchased my tickets. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Kylie - girl you can have Ryan. He can't hold his liquor anyway, and his truck is impossible to get into. Stevie, Justin, and the crew can still crash with me though!!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-09-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone! It's finally the Eve of the MileHigh Meet & Greet! Ticket sales are still rolling in and stronger than I had thought they would. The weather forecast is improving, slightly but still improving. It's spring in Colorado, what can you do? And I don't doubt that there will be plenty of people there stoked to ride no matter what the weather is.

Don't forget to bring a lawnchair and/or blanket for yourself, anything else to drink besides the water at the event and maybe a hoodie or two...

I finally have the list of items up for grabs in the raffle finalized and I must say it's a nice list with a variety of items. We will have five boats in the water for pulls. One is a ski boat for anyone who wants to tube if the water is blown out or for kids. I will also have my boat there as well in case we need it.

We're in the bottom of the 9th Inning, Who else is in???????????? I will be accepting online ticket sales until 7 a.m. tomorrow morning. So keep spreading the word, let's make this event even bigger!!!

I would like to give a big thanks out to everyone who has supported this event and who helped spread the word about it. I and everyone involved with the event cannot say Thank You enough. This event is a success because of all of you who are supporting it. Even when the weather isn't 80 degress, sunny and no wind!

Again, Thank You to everyone who has helped make this a huge success!! I can't wait to see you all at the event tomorrow!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2008, 4:44 AM Reply   
steve - too funny! judging by the sticker on the back of ryan's truck, i should have no problem getting into it! lol! p.s. justin snores, but he does have nice pillows!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Don't do the give aways until I get there!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
The event was awesome (the weather was not)! Thanks for all of the hard work that was put into it! Maybe next year it won't be snow/rain/sun/snow/sun...
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-12-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
just wanted to say thanks for the event kraig, even though the weather sucked it was still fun. got to meet some new people, so hopefully this summer will be a good one.
Old     (aspenshayn)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Thanks to all for a great time. I'll be posting some pics as soon as I get them saved and resized.
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-12-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for putting everything together Kraig!!

Here are my photos from the event: http://lansfordphotography.com/temp/mhmg_2008.htm
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks Timmy, Mike, Shayn and Russell! And I'd like to say Thank You to everyone who made it out despite what mother nature dished up for us! The morning weather wasn't the best, but the afternoon was much better. Looks like most everyone got a pull in some descent to great water depending on the wind. We all adapted to the weather and made the best of it.

Myself and the sponsors were amazed at the dedication everyone had by sticking around the entire day through wind, sleet and snow! NO ONE can say Colorado wakeboarders are not die hard! I was impressed! This event keeps growing every year because all of you keep spreading the word and you keep coming out year after year. I may put it together, but it's not a success without ALL of you! We had more sponsorhip support than ever, this is a great indicator that the sponsors see the value in this event and want to support it. Please, support the sponsors that came out and supported the event. The best way to say thanks is to get in their shops. I will keep the list of the sponsors on the website as a reference for everyone. And don't forget about the flags, the sponsors and their events are listed there. Hit the water, rip it up and fly them flags!

I'd like to thank David Williams of Wakeworld, this is where the whole event started. L.J. of Rocky Mountain Boat Co. for bringing out the Supra and supporting the event. Kellen of Great Lakes Marine for bringing out the Nautique 210 as well as bringing out Jim from the factory to talk about Natiques. Bill of Wakeboard & Waterski specialty for supporting the event by coming out. Dave with Island Lake Marine, BJ of Liberation Sports and Kwik Tek.

The pics from the event look great! Russell did a great job considering the weather. Again, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who came out to the 2008 MileHigh Meet & Greet! It was great to see so many familiar faces at the event and many new ones as well. Hopefully I will see ALL of you again next year (And I hope to ride with as many as possible throughout the summer) at the 5th Annual MileHigh Meet & Greet!

And let me add that I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with this event, I couldn't have done it without your help, support and guidance! You guys are awesome!

(Message edited by kraig on May 12, 2008)
Old     (beetlebugboard)      Join Date: May 2007       05-12-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Fine, fine job Kraig .. and great pics so soon Russell, you're on it! Hopefully next year there'll be more skin and less hoodie! Despite the weather it still looks like we had a good time! Looking forward to next year's shindig!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
my dog is soooo popular. In one pic, he is trying to eat my hand, and you can see my ww jersey under my jacket! Kinda cool.