Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
http://dallas.craigslist.org/boa/384036614.html

I went to see it yesterday, it is in Excellent condition and cranks right up. The stringers are as hard as a rock and everything looks like it is in mint condition, except for one tear on the back seat. I'm taking it to the lake today and if it runs good and if he takes 5500 i think i'm going to be driving home with it. What do you guys think, worth 5500?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-23-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Oh but of course! Good luck and congrats! A couple sacs and a little lead in the nose, and you got a great wake!
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
yea, has anybody ever put the fat sack in the back that takes place of the entire back seat. I was thinking about doing that, it's like a back seat thats filled with water. What are the advantages and disadvantages of that? Of course an advantage would be the weight, are they stout enough or easily popped?
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I had a fat seat at one time (rats ate a hole in it over the winter). It works good, but we would turn it around backwards for the people to watch the rider. It makes it impossible to open the engine hatch, though. If you do put the fat seat in, you will need weight in the bow of the boat or the wake is too steep and you have a slow holeshot. Don't fill it up but partway, because you really don't need it full.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
so, when u say fill it up partway are you saying after you fill it half way up with water you need to fill the rest up with air? How much weight did u have in the bow with the seat filled partway up?
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
I run anywhere from 150-300+ lbs in the bow. I use lead. I can't remember exactly how much we filled it up to, but yeah, we would fill it up to about 600-800 lbs (just a guess) and then the rest with air.

Normally, we run about 150+ in the nose and a 500 or 600 lb sack in the rear. We usually have 5 or 6 people plus gear and cooler and this will make a wake a little under to a little over your knee. With 5 or 6 people, gear and 300 in the nose, 500 or 600 in the rear and two 250 side sacks the wake will be about halfway between your knee and your hip. Granted, I'm only 5'6", but it is still plenty big. I have had people that normally ride on newer boats all compliment the wake.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
glad to see you found something. hope it works out!
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-23-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
That boat looks cherry. I hope everything works out.