Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
does anybody know where to get the leds for the cup holders and speakers thanks
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-05-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/593525.html?1216124931

Take a look on this discussion board, there are three on there. I can't wait to get mine done too.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
thanks dan
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-05-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
No problem, what lights are you going to order? I want to get them for this winter project but don't have a clue where I want to go with yet. Are you putting them in you cup holders or above with a rope light? Etc. I see we have the same boat.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
i want go with the rope light i think that looks the best i don't know what brand yet
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-05-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
I was thinking of putting leds in my speaker grills and the rope lights in the cup holders. Let me know what you order, I am going to order mine in the next few days. Thanks
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
ifound these i think they are they are same as the white ones in are boats now you can get a roll of 150 feet for $65.00 in any color i'm doing blue
http://www.1000bulbs.com/12-Volt-Mini-Rope-Light/
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-05-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
Yeah, those are just the regular rope lights, I am going with the leds, they are brighter. I want to find something not as bright for the sanger emblems on the front and back of the boat, something that is more consistent with light and not like a light bulb in the middle of the emblem. Let me know how the blue rope light looks, I am going to try and get something here in the next week or so and I might have time to work on it.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-06-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
hey dan all I will say is oznium.com super lux-4..

Upload
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Thanks, I just ordered 16 of them for my cup holders. Can't wait to get them in.
Old     (maliburider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-07-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
does anyone know where to get the plex rings or the acrylic rings they are talking about on the link posted above. I'd like to start on leds around the speakers and trying to find out where i can get the materials. Also, Mike mentioned in the last post about machine work on the rings. Does anyone know exactly what he's talking about. Thanks in advance.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-07-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
brandy the plexi can be had from taps plastic. The machine work he is reffering to is almost all router work. The cutting it out and rounding the edges and cutting the grove in to recces the lights etc. the work is easy if you have a router table.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-07-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Anyone interested in making some plexi rings for me.
Im willing to pay.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-07-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
mike I hope your willing to pay alot im making some and I have to say they are alot of work not hard but very time consuming.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
The company liljohn refers to above........
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-07-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
thanks Bill
Old     (maliburider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-07-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
I saw the square acrylic clear sheets. Is this what you guys are talking about? They come in 2' by 2'. Which thickness did you guys go with? Also, how many sheets do you think I would need for six speakers and some room for error. Thanks guys this is helping a lot.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-08-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Here are two types of finished light rings and lenses for drink holders.

An acrylic lens mounts to the bottom of the drink holder and diffracts four LEDs that are bottom loaded. You drill out the bottom of the drink holder. The lens has built-in drainage holes. This works well with transparent contents like bottles but won’t shine through solid objects like aluminum cans. The interior dimensions of the cup holder are unchanged.

Acrylic lights rings fit under the top lip of the drink holder and raise the drink holder up 3/8-inch. The exterior top is beveled. The interior is rabbeted to accept the flexible LED strip. All machining marks are polished out. The exterior is frosted to diffuse the lights.

These are refined parts. Upon close inspection many others look rough and show the router marks.

You can contact Susan at info@earmarkcaraudio.com.

She also has the right size of LED strips in all colors.

David E. M.