Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-03-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
I am going to OWC in about 5 weeks and I'm not sure what I need to take. I have boards, boots, a helmet, and a non CGA vest. What else do I need?

I also want to demo some boards there.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
not much. I've been in FL the last two winters and coming from the north it seems warm so never used a wetsuit....but a heater top maybe a thought, anything more isn't really needed IMO.

Beyond that I cannot see all that much. Some bengay, you'll be sore.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Im pretty sure they require a CGA vest.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
They require a CGA, I'm positive.

Clay, get back in school. I'm sick, what's your excuse?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-03-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
i recomend talking/coordinating with the shop at OWC or performence and UPS'ing your equipment (board at least) so the airlines dont try to put anything in your butt.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
"i recomend talking/coordinating with the shop at OWC or performence and UPS'ing your equipment (board at least) so the airlines dont try to put anything in your butt."

I get that even when I don't bring a board... maybe it's time for me to switch airlines
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-03-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
You don't need a CGA i wore my GURU there every time i rode there!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
In the 10 years I've been going to OWC the only time I wore a CGA vest is when I forgot mine and had to use one of theirs.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
No CGA needed. I've ridden a ton over there w/out a CGA.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Never used a CGA there.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-03-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
I took my board into Orlando last month and didn't get hassled either time. It cost me $15 dollars, which I can live with. Just remember it's "water ski equipment" and they shouldn't give you any trouble. I'm sure generous tips help as well.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-04-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Back in August I flew Southwest to Orlando with my friend and we took our boards and when the lady went to put the tag on my board bag, she asked, "These are golf clubs right?" I said yes and she didnt bother me. Also, at OWC I rode with a non CGA vest and nobody bothered me.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
TSR has the CGA vest rule and its annoying.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-04-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
OWC "Requires" a CGA vest. As for whether or not it's enforced, well, that's another story.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-04-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Hey Justin, Check with your airline on the cost to bring your board with you...or possibly UPS it down to your hotel...thats what alot of customers do. If you want us to help you ship it back we can do that for you no problem. If you decide to fly with it...we also have the Ronix Link Bag & LF Golf Bag which alot of customers have told us helped them avoid the extra charge...but again, you should check with your airline on this.
Personally I find it ironic that the airlines waive fees for golfbags, but hammer any wakeboard / snowboard bag.... That said, if you don't want to mess with bringing a board...we do have a full selection of Ronix Boards / Boots at OWC...and most all the other major brands at the main store! If there is a specific board / boots you are wanting to try, let me know and I'll confirm if we have it in our fleet. Also, If you are considering buying a new board we also apply all your board rental fees towards the purchase of any new board or boots for up to 60 days from your first rental. If we can help in anyway let me know.

Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com

(Message edited by perfski on February 04, 2009)
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-04-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
Bill, if I demo a board is the board a brand new board or do yall have boards that you let people demo? I have heard about people demoing brand new boards and I was just wondering how yall do it.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-04-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
no we have specific boards for demo....but your money would go to a new one. Its just not practical to demo a new board everytime.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-05-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
you dont cga at owc but you will if you plan on going to mccormicks, but you can rent one there for $3