Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-02-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Dealer quoted me a good price so I am seriously considering it......Question Will it fit in a standard garage? I dont have a length problem but hight.......What is it highest point with the tower down?

Thanks
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-02-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
Our Dealer said the Moomba Mobius LSV would fit in our standerd garage, so the Outback V should definantly considering its a smaller boat.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on February 02, 2008)
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-03-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
78" is the highest point with the tower down
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
what was the price
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sweet my garage opening is 82.5' Ill mention the price after i get it . So what does everyone think about the boat. I know its no X1 "Attila" but for the price point and my non professional abilities it should be a good upgrade from my bayliner....... im going for Gravity 3, wakeplate and moomba cruse

(Message edited by jay_g on February 03, 2008)
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-03-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Jay,

The Outback V is a neat boat. I wrote up a lot of the features and a comparison between it and another entry level wakeboarding boat you might consider.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/538719.html?1201580220

I didn't go with the Outback V, but i was strongly considering it...i bought the other boat...the Malibu V-Ride.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
TJ Thanks Lots of detail in there
Old    atloutbackv            02-03-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
get perfect pass!!!! it will save you from many arguments
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
it comes with moomba cruise not sure if I want to fork out any more for PP
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-03-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Get PP if you have a wife
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
What is the difference? Will the cruise do the same thing? Of is perfect pass better? Just wondering for a future purchase??
thanks
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-04-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
I don't think you can get a nicer boat in the low 30's brand new from a dealer. If you must get new, go with this or Sanger...

I just don't want to ride behind your B boat this summer!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-04-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
The ez cruise Moomba offers is set by the rpm's while the PP is set by mph. I have the ez cruise on my boat and it work's pretty good not as well as PP. PP keeps you at what ever speed you set it at, like when turning you will notice the rpm's going up. On the ez cruise the rpm's don't change. Other then that I'm happy with mine if it was the same price I would rather have PP, but I'm cheap.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-04-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
Jay,

i think "if it will fit in the garage" is the only thing holding you back just make the dealer bring it out to your place so you can see for sure just how easily it fits.

If it doesn't fit then that makes the decision for you. If the dealer won't bring it out then that should tell you something about them.

I would encourage you to look at all your options, and not be in a rush when buying if you are buying new.

The Outback V is a nice boat, don't listen to attila. It will certainly get the job done, and will be cheaper than anything else new probably. i don't know what your price point is, if i wasn't restricted by weight and size rules at my lake i would have looked at the Falcon V too.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-04-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
TJ, read my post again...
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
Well i cant ride behind yours ever since you became a dad you never go out

Doesnt your wife snowboard more then you to????????

Bring me starbucks tomarrow!
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-04-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
i was looking for a boat and my main concern was that it would fit in my 3rd car garage. i had increased the door size from 8wx7h to 9wx8h.

length was the issue, there are some structural things in the back corner that could not changed. they brought the boat 50 miles to make sure it would fit. the door closed with 2". now i have a new moomba lsv that should be delivered in 4 long weeks!

i would be very surprised and disappointed if they weren't willing to do that
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-04-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
great boat cant say enough about it , make sure you get the gravity III balast set up.

Upload
Upload
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Ken got any wake pics?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-04-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
all bags full
Upload
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-04-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
looks good
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
TJ What was the cost difference between the Vride and the outback V
Old    atloutbackv            02-05-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
my dealer brought out my outback v to my house to stuff it in my garage due to the same issue as you... i will deifinatley reccomend two options perfect pass... as i stated above and the gravity 3 ballast... great boat.. i ended up trading mine in 4 moths later for a killer deal on an LSV ... much roomier boat!
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
So tell me what you think do you think this is a good deal or wait to the boat show

07 with gravity 3 ballast, wake plate, moomba cruise, 2 wakeboard racks, bimni, stereo, bow cover, appearance package(Stainless rub rail, docking lights, pop up cleats, dual axel trailer for 36 out the door (including tax etc..)
Old    atloutbackv            02-05-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
thats a good deal..... but do the perfect pass upgrade.... i am telling you you will not regret it! also check moomba.com on the bulletin boards and ask away... loads of helpful people there to answer questions
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
they dont have PP in any that they have left on the floor. I hear its almost the same price to do aftermarket......so maybe ill do that

How much wait is the Gravity 3? I forgot to ask

(Message edited by jay_g on February 05, 2008)
Old     (poland34)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 3:36 AM Reply   
Jay...just a heads up i purchased an 08 Outback V with all the options you listed plus tower speakers and depth finder for 35K. My dealer is adding perfect pass for me right now i am paying a little over $1200 for the addition. Good Luck
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
sounds like a good deal---in 08 CA is requiring boats to have the upgraded etxcat engine which adds more $$$
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Jay,

Don't let the critics sway you. That boat with the gravity games option throws one sweet wake. It's a well built smaller boat designed for those who don't need a ton of room. Also, imo the Skiers Choice is #1 in when it comes to customer service.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
wonder why they call 'em pop-up cleats?

My "pop-up cleats" have no spring mechanism and have to be pulled up.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Jay,

If you are talking 08 to 08, the V-Ride will be 4k or 5k more than the Outback V probably. If you can find holdover 2007s the difference might only be 2 thousand.

I of course have no idea what impact the EtxCat engine would play. I guess if they both must have it it would be about the same.

Although i have never ridden or been pulled behind an Outback V i did sit in one for a hour or more at the boatshow. It is a nice boat. If you are deciding based on price the Outback V will be the boat that will get you into a 21ft v-drive boat brand new for the least.

i would recommend you go to the boat show and spend some time in each of your picks and just see which one you like better. the boat show is a great way to compare them side by side and keep things straight in your head.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
No getting both boats on the water is a great way to compare them.
IMO sitting in a boat at a boat show for an hour gets you nothing, get the boats on the water and drive and ride behind them.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
LOL.

well that all depends where you live innov. He sounds like he wants to buy a boat soon.

if you live somewhere where the water is not all frozen that's a great idea!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
If you live somewhere where the water is frozen, then WAIT, don't buy a boat without getting it on the lake is my opinion.
Would you buy a car without test driving one?
I woulden't.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
innov don't get crazy. most people do not drive a boat before they buy. most boat buyers buy a boat at a boatshow, or shortly after based on discussions that started at the show.

however, if you live in California like Jay does, and it's warm enough i would agree completely that the more time you can spend in the boat and see it in action the better decision you may be able to make.

however, if Jay has found a good price on an Outback V and it's a 2007 i don't see any problems with picking it up before someone else does.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
TJ exactly !

I wont buy untill I test drive though I do have a price point I need to meet and left over 07's are becomming scarce......and the 08 requirements for the upgraded engines suck cause it just adds more to it. 33K for a fully loaded boat seems to be a good price (with a dual axel) possibly even better than the boat show........ I just dont want to miss a deal................if my budget was in the 40's+ trust me id be leaning towards other boats..........If I do pick this up ill have two boats in my garage. Anyone want a 2006 bayliner???????? Also I do not want to buy used. Im gonna run the Outback V and Malibu this week!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Not getting crazy, just giving some advice.
Been in this industry for a long time, better to be safe then sorry IMO when spending 30 to 40 grand.
Both are nice boats, it just comes down to personal preference and getting out on the water in the boat helps you make the right decision for YOU.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Agreed!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Jay, quit tooling around on WW... our company is in dire financial state and here you are daydreaming about boats. Get back to work slacker or I am going to report you!
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
Thats the best post ever! Stop looking at stereo speakers and plasmas!
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
$1295

Do you think that is a good deal to bring the Motor, Tranny, and V drive from 4 years up to 6 years?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
I know you demoed a couple of boats this weekend... tell us all about it.

...I hope we will add a V-Ride to the circle of friends this spring!

Re: No.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-10-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
demoed the outback and just looked at the v-ride-------v ride is about 10-12k more equally equipped----- the fit and finish is much nicer as well as the seating and freeboard. Overall i like the v-ride better but from a price point im not sure. The outback on the other hand does have nice wake with all 3 bags full. Im told its even better if you throw another 400# in the nose. Im thinking for a 10K difference the moomba just may be it. Plus id have some cash for a stereo. And if I have the urge to go big I know a guy with an X1 LOL The part of the outback is the hight of the seats............On the other hand the wife liked the outback for the boat and price point. She even volenteered to give up her garage spot for it so we can get both boats in till we sell the bayliner.......Now thats a wife!!!! Personally I think she has the mindset thinking that since she is spending all this cash on lawschool I can have a 30K boat

Thoughts??

PS I also wnt to the Centurian dealership but wasnt sure about the whale tales...
(Message edited by jay_g on February 10, 2008)

Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-11-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
"If you are talking 08 to 08, the V-Ride will be 4k or 5k more than the Outback V probably."

Jay, I'm glad you looked at the V-Ride to get the price difference right. I have been shopping the boats for about 8 months now and I plan to purchase late this year. I have demoed the V-Ride, Outback V, X1, and the Cent. Elite V. For the price, I can't seem to beat the Outback V regarding options and price. The VRide with full ballast, pp and all the bling is 50g compared to 55g for the MC. The OBV is around 36 grand. This is probably the boat I will purchase, however, I am researching and looking at the Cent. Falcon V before I make my decision. If you like the the bling of a cadilac then go Vride or MC. If you want performance and options but not the bling then go Outback V. Can't beat the price.
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-11-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Steven P.

where did you buy a 08 Outback V loaded for 35k (36200 with PP)? I'd like to meet up with them. I haven't been able to touch an 08 for any less than 38500.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Steven S

I agree the price point is hard to beat. You should look at the left over 07's they are blowing them out!!!! I like the O8 with the new back seat but here in Cali they are forcing the 340 EXTcat engine which is like a 2k upgrade
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
steven,

I sent you an email.