Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2008, 2:58 AM Reply   
Hey guys just bought a Chevy Avalanche and was wondering if anybody had ideas about adding a couple 10's or 12's and still leaving the midgate intact and usable.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
couple of tens under the back seat. can't be too deep of a sub either, and not too much airspace as well. JL makes a box that replaces the midgate, so i guess that's out. I've heard a few systems that just put the box in the bed and left the midgate there, but i wouldn't recommend that one.
Old     (twdugas)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
Cody, like Kyle said you can put 10's under the back seat but they will be small 10's with very little depth and magnet size, if you want bass and not just tunes to go with the music you’re going to have to do some kind of midgate replacement box. JL's box is nice but IMO the standard speakers that MUST be sold with the box are not what I'd want. So I support and am using Subthump midgate box. Details can be found here, just scroll down a little. It seems they are out of the box's right now but they always build more... http://www.subthump.com/index2.htm

You can try 10's under the seat. I did but it just was never enough no matter the subs that would fit...

Enjoy the new truck/suv!
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
and i agree with todd. if you don't want much bass, then you can do the tens, but to get serious, he's dead on it. What year avalanche is it?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
replace the center console.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-29-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
JL 10 w3, work like a charm
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-29-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_make.php?make_id=47&model_id=2 07
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
158.0.html,Here is a forum where a number of different sub options are discussed by Av owners.

I am thinking about doing the one listed in the thread titled: JEFF D SUB BOX SECRETS REVEALED
Looks like the guy has pictures & drawings of boxes he designed to fit a pair of 8s underneath the rear seat... and not effect the midgate performance at all.
Old     (heygreg)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-29-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
I would glue them to the rear windows. It works....seen it done before.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
its an '03, really dark charcoal. i like it a lot i just want to put my stereo stuff in it, some subs and wheels. i bought it to be a little more practical tow vehicle and even though i will most likely rarely drop the midgate and use the full bed i know i will need to do it sometime and it will be one of those when you need to do it you have to type things, so. i do like the jl or subthump midgates, i had that as a similar idea to build myself. thanks guys