Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-24-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
I had Pioneer 6.5" speakers in my last boat. They sounded good. Had decent highs, good mids, and some bass.
I have been looking at the polk speakers to put in my new to me boat.
the DB651, or the MMC650 I mainly think the MMC650 would be better.
My concern is the bass. I will only have (1) sub will I have enough Bass for decent sound.
I have heard the Polks have very good mids, and highs.

Those of you that have them, do you like them?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-24-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
I have polk db651's in ours and have a kenwood amp powering them separately from the sub and tower speakers. I also have one sub. I am happy with the way they sound - you can't go wrong for the price. The mids and highs are clean and if the one sub is decent and powered correctly the combination sounds good.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
I have the 651's in the cab. I really like them. For the sub, I have the Boston Acoustic 10" G3 sub. AWESOME. I have everything wired to a Kicker MX700.5 amp. I am really happy with the sound. the bass hits hard and the Polk sounds great. I could not be happier.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2008, 12:54 AM Reply   
Having both the DB651's in my truck and the MMC's in my boat There is a huge difference in sound from each.

The MMC's give a much truer sound with regards to mids highs and lows whereas the DB's highs are crystal clear and much better than the MMC's if you ask me, but the DB's have no where near the mids of the MMC's.

Me personally I swapped out my MMC's just recently to MB Quarts due to the fact the MMC's lacked the highs and I run 2 subs. Like the clarity of the crystal clear highs from the MB's. Just my tatse If I were to choose between the DB's and the MMC's if I had dedicated subs I personally would go DB's

(Message edited by xstarrider on September 25, 2008)
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-25-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I forget what model mine are exactly. They are a 6.5" two way and I replaced my four inside stock speakers with them and they sound great. Just turn down the bass and treble up and they do really well. And they are water resistant so u cant beat that..the price is right too. I got mine at circuit city on sale! Check their website.