Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-28-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
1. This is the 3rd time this is happening to us, but we barely crawled back to the launch. After 30 minutes of surfing, with stock ballast full and about 8 people, my supra would not accelerate past 2000rpm. Very soon that limit dropped to 1500 rpm and by the time we reached the docks it barely went above 1000 rpm, almost idling. I disengaged the transmission and the engine is running fine, it accelerates smoothly up to 3-4000 rpm (did not try any higher). I also have a FAE installed, I hope it does not have to anything with it. The gas tank was full (since it happened to me yesterday towards the end of the riding day and I was running almost empty on gas), I made sure I filled up the tank today before going out. I believe it has something to do with the V-Drive or the transmission (not really sure what the difference is) but I know or sure it only happens when it's in gear. I will take it to the dealer on Tuesday (again after a leaky gas tank last month), but I would like to know if anyone can give me any hints...
2. Another issue that I have is that the port locker fat sac (250lbs) would not empty this evening, I cannot hear the noise from the pump when hitting the Left button(it works for the Front and Rear). I checked the fuses but none of them seem to be on the ballast system circuit. Again this is a Supra LAunch 21V 05.
Thank you for your help!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            09-29-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
1. sounds like it is in limp mode. tripped a fault code and the engine is protecting itself. Not sure though... I would take it to the dealer....
2. not sure....

Good luck!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-29-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
2. Those pumps are cheap to replace and your pump could just be bad. Use a test light and make sure yoru gettingpower to the pump. If so, teh pump is bad. They are very easy to replace.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
Temperature ok? Not an expert by any means, but heard that the engine will limit RPMs when it is overheating. Just a guess though.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-29-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
check your transmission fluid i had the same problem
Old    jhoffeld            09-29-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
How many hours do you have on it? Have you replaced the fuel filter. Sounds just like my 21V did when the filter started plugging. It's a $10 filter that you can get at any parts supply. The engine should rev better with no load since it requires less fuel. Also the fuel pump will put up better pressure to get through that clogging filter when you have a full tank. Try the filter.
Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
I purchased the boat with 80 hours in February and I have 175 now. I never changed the fuel filter and I doubt the previous owner had had either. I will talk to the dealer tomorrow and report back the results. Thank you!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-30-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
what motor does it have? 340 with etx cat?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-30-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
no ext cat on 2005 models.

i had a similiar problem when i had my 05 ssv 22. turned out to be a clogged fuel filter.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-30-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
ah missed the last sentence...
Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-30-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have the 325hp engine, and all the parameters (temperature, oil pressure) looked normal. I am starting and hoping to think it's just a clogged fuel filter and not some other expensive transmission problem...
Old    wiz            09-30-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
be safe...take it to the dealer. why risk doing further damage???
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
leaky gas tank!??? Sounds like you have problems with your fuel system, I'd start there. Filter first, but did they find water in your fuel system? that will contaminate the filter and make it stop flowing fuel.