Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (tor)      Join Date: May 2001       06-30-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
I cannot believe that Daniel Watkins did not get second place in Portland! That is so wrong! He rode so much better than Murry, and stomped the double back. What gives? He was so much better than Murry!!! Subjective judging has its faults!
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-30-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   
It shows how much you paid attention to Murray.
Old    murrayair            06-30-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
What tricks did they both do? Just having one really strong trick, like a double back roll, in a run doesn't make up for a lot of other mediocre moves.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
Didn't they post all of the tricks in each of their sets last time? Thought I saw that somewhere.
Old    mconly            06-30-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
The judging is totally B. S. Even in the semis' Murry advanced ahead of Zane when Zane crushed him. It is becaues of World Publications who put on the tour, they are sponsoring the Murray video game. What a crock!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2003, 11:51 PM Reply   
The judges aren't part of World Publications, they are hired because of their expertise. Some of the judges: Brian Grubb, Ryan Wolfe, and Drew McGuckin. Do you think any of these guys care about Shaun's game and whether he makes the finals? I've been in the boat and seen how they score so I can tell you from personal experience that each one of them is trying to be completely fair and accurate.

You make it sound like it's some big conspiracy and I can assure you it's not.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-01-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
Bill,

Did you get all of Drews Puke out of your rental car? Lol!