Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
Any suggestions on where to mount an XM Sat. Radio ant.? It states in the directions to mount it to a metal surface. Will it work if it is under the dash? (I was thinking of mounting it to the bottom of the steering rack) The boat is a 96 Nautique closed bow. Thanks, RD
Old    grud8            07-06-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
As high as possible. DO NOT MOUNT IT UNDER THE DASH. You will get fading in and out because of the various things blocking the signal. It is still line of sight to the satellite. Top of the tower is best.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-06-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
02 wsvlx , mounted in front of the driver side windsheild half way in the air vent.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-06-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
I stuck mine all the way up in the bow under the bow eye, works great unless someone is actually sitting on top of it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Top of the tower is best. Since I have lights and speakers on my tower, I was'nt about to try and run the XM antenna wire through the tower, so my second choice was at the base of the windsheild. This worked but when the boat was facing a certain direction the signal would cut out, so I wound up puting it on top of my Nav light at the front of the boat. It's a closed bow also so no one is ever near the light and it works great, no lost signal now. The reason for attatching to metal is to help attract a stronger signal. I used two sided tape to attatch it. Most people don't even notice it's there till I point it out.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
Here's a pic
Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!!!!!!! Wish me luck..........RD
Old     (xstar2k4)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   

(Message edited by xstar2k4 on July 11, 2005)