Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-24-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
I've done some searching but would like to ask this question anyway. I have an 07 Sunscape 21LSV. It has the two 200# rear tanks and 500# center bag along with the Power Wedge. We have also run about a 300# sac in the bow walk-way. So, consider that set-up factory. I'm guessing we are running 1200-1250 plus PW. I'd like to add a little more umph to the wake but know these boats like weight in the nose, especially if using the PW. I'll have an integrated bow sac this summer that I'm estimating will fill to about what the stock bow tank is.

What should I run on top of that and where? Will you guys please break it down to what I should run in each back locker around the engine, in the middle (if necessary and hidden under the seats), and in the bow? Thanks in advance.

I hate to sound picky, but would you guys mind posting some pics as well? I think this would be very beneficial to those who have sunscapes or vlxs on the diamond hull.

THANKS!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Matt, what are you setting up for? Wakeboarding or Wakesurfing? If it is wakeboarding, then you are set. Bu's through a killer wake, especially with the PW. If for surfing, get an 500 lbs. sac and put it in the rear locker of the side that you surf on. Get the water up to the rub rail and then your boat will be slammed! But make sure the nose is not too high, if so, add people or another 500 lbs. to the bow.
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-24-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
David,

This setup will be for wakeboarding. I'll take the tip from you, though, for surfing. I can't wait to experience how good the wake will be for surfing when I take your advice. Anyone else have any good tips for weight the BU for wakeboarding?
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-25-2009, 4:38 AM Reply   
Can anyone help me, please? I'd like to know what all the BU owners are using as their setup. Thanks!
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
Ok, All depends on the engine. If you have a repropped Monsoon this will be the best wake ever.
400's in the rear, 750 sac up front. Then get some lead and put 250lbs in each corner of the main lounge. 250 under the dash, 250 in front of the batteries, 250 under the left rear cushion, 250 under the right rear cushion. NO WEDGE!!! This wake is perfect for 24.5-26 MPH. This setup also makes the cruise almost never drop. The weight in the center will also make it track like no other. If you have the stock prop do the same set up minus the lead. This is used on the wake hull but the diamond and wake are no different until about 28mph. Then the diamond flattens off.
Totals:
Bow:1100
Center:1500
Rear:1200

(Message edited by eyekahn on March 25, 2009)
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-25-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Thanks eyekahn. I really appreciate it. Actually we ride a little slower. We usually ride at 22.5-23.5 with 24 and above being a little quick for us. But if I ever can get my hands on that much weight, I'll try it!

I also like to use the wedge to shape the wake. Is there a weight distribution that would work well with the wedge. Thanks in advance, everyone!

BTW we are running the 340 monsoon with factory prop. What would be the best prop for Wakeboarding/Surfing?
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Acme 1235. Ya I usually ride 25-25.4 at 85FT. If you are at 22 at lets say 75ft. Id do the same set up minus the lead in the middle. If you have more than 2k in the boat the wedge will make the wake terrible. Unless you are riding at 27 and up at 90ft. E-mail me if you want me to hook up your rear sacs into the stock ballast I am in Wilmington. jethrorola@aol.com
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-26-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
I don't have any rear sacs yet. The boat actually has the tanks above the floor, kind of mounted on the side and floor, leaving space for storage. I've been debating on whether or not I should just remove the tanks and hook the lines to the sacs that I'll buy. Is there any modification necessary to the line/fittings?
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
Oh ok I thoguht it would be set up like a VLX with the hard tanks under the floor. Put 200lbs of lead in the back on each side and hook up 400's. I personally would not put more than 600lbs on each side of the engine. If you are replacing the tank then no extra lines are needed but you will need to buy some brass fittings and clamps. If you are adding to it. You need 8ft of 3/4 or 1in tubing 4 Brass fittings and clamps.

(Message edited by eyekahn on March 26, 2009)