Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
Hurt my shoulder really good at work two nights ago, wrestling with a very ackward and heavy thing. Didn't feel anything at the time, but about three hours later I was in pretty harsh pain. I have no experience with shoulders (unfortunatly an expert on knees)and hope someone here knows a little more.

It isn't swollen at all, it feels intact and stable, but I get a really sharp pain when I try to lift my arm to the side or forward. The muscle is not tender to the touch. Also pain if I try to rotate my hand. I can pick up things, as long as I don't lift it higher than my waist. Moderate pain when sitting still. Pain getting worse over the last two days.

I go to the doctor tommarow afternoon, but I'm kinda freaked out, and was hoping someone would have any idea what I might have done. Also, I had talked to a few of you guys about getting out on the boat next week while a had vacation from work, it may not work out.
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
could be a rotator cuff but either way ice it a lot sorry to hear about the injury get better
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-06-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
rotator cuff tear..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2005, 8:03 AM Reply   
Hey, I did something similar while riding. I thought for sure I tore my rotator as I couldn't lift my arm at all. Doc said severe strain and that was it. Stretched it out for a while, took some anti-inflamitories and was all good. Now I try to make a habit of stretching my shoulders before going to the gym or riding.

Good luck. Shoulders are a biatch and are never right if you need surgery from what I understand.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-06-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
Actually,
I would disagree with the last statement about them never being the same. I had rotator cuff repair roughly 9 months ago and m riding and my shoulder is better than before I have more motion now and can lift more than prior the surgery. I lived with shoulder popping and clicking and the tear for two years before I decided to have it done.

My suggestion is to get it looked and and go from there they may be able to give you a cordizone shot or anti-inflamitories and you may be fine. Worst case you may need a repair and if so find a good surgeon do your homework on him. And then really do your P.T. and mobilization exercizes (they really help).

Good Luck
Old    erlingiii            09-06-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
I sprained my shoulder like 2.5 months ago. I kept re-hurting it cuz I couldn't sit still long enough for it to heel all the way. Now whenever I work out hard or wakeboard for awhile it starts to hurt, I hope this will go away.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
Doctor said rotator cuff sprain. I'm not sure, but since I don't know much about shoulders I'll take what he says. It feels like a piece of sandpaper in the joint, kinda like my knees and the torn cartlidge.