Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    leggester            12-31-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Jaysus, and AMEN brother!!!

Now, how many "drink nazis" start dialing and yakking on cell phones when they drive?

Melanie is invited on my boat anytime.
Old    walt            12-31-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
I don't know about post of the year but it would be in the running for rant of the year.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-31-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
""Keep in mind that a good majority of people on this site who watch these movies are underage and very impressionable. "

Amen! Heaven forbid they see a 2 second spot with an adult holding an adult beverage on a boat.

Imagine how HORRIBLE it would be if they saw 30 seconds worth of beer pushing by cutesy animal characters or humorous commercials while watching TV.

Oh wait..."

id be more worried about the 30 second shot of buddy's ass then the 2 second shot of the beer
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-01-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
karl hit it just right. Even if you have one drink, you OVERESTIMATE YOUR ABILITIES. You think you are fine, but you really arent. For those of you who are really conifident with your abilities while drinking,call you local law enforcement agency and ask to take part in one of their exercises like Karl did. the effects are doubled quickly due to the sun, heat, water movement and relaxed feeling you get on the boat instead of the car. You will be very suprised. I have 20plus years as a professional firefighter and I have scraped up plenty of dead bodies from different places after alcohol related accidents. Of course, everybody said "he only had one beer". I guess that makes the person feel better after they killed their 8 year old daughter after only one beer. Derek, if every boat already has so many distractions like, chicks and tunes, then why add one more distraction that you just don't need to risk. It isn't just the other boats and drivers you need to worry about. How you gonna feel if you run over your own rider because of liquid courage or should I call it liquid stupidity. don' get me wrong, i am not a beer natzi. I am the first to start drinking when the time is right. I am hanging over right now after hittin it too big last night. Derek, how old are you. You sound just like my 14 year old son when he is layin his line of BS to me on why he is smarter than the world. You must have written this during alcohol induced coma or after smokin too much dope. Sounds to me like you got the 16 years old, smarter than the world, I'm invinsible, I can handle it, polluted brain syndrome. Hope you never have to explain why you ran over your rider after having "only one beer". with only one beer, maybe they will just say "oh that's ok then, good thing you weren't hammered, because the propellor gashes in my skull would hurt much more, but now they don't hurt so bad since it was just one beer"
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-01-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
What does smoking got to do with anything??
personally I smoke all the time,yes even when I drive!Do you know how bad the traffic is in LA???I would kill everybody,this way everybody is SAFER!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
This stuff is better than the which boat is the best threads....

Especially love the reefer madness type killing your children or crashing into other boats scenario. Drink a beer, become a serial killer...

I guess if we are going to state our expertise..... I am in the A&D Tx biz & have had the opportunity to participate in Police Academy DUI training. With that knowledge, I don't give a second thought to having a beer while out on the lake.

Again I am not here to promote the use of alcohol on or off the water. Personal decisions and personal responsibility. But for those of you to pass judgement on others who are not breaking any laws is just classic. Move to Utah, you will have a lot of company....we love the moral ranting here.

E.J.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-01-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
i dont think morals has anything to do with it but as EJ mentioned "personal decisions and personal responsabilities" does...

i guess some people are more responsible than others.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-01-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
this thread's still alive?

DIE THREAD, DIE!!!!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-01-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Ed, I don't have a problem with it beyond carrying it in my vehicles. I stopped burning when I went in the service and haven't restarted cuz I'm such an MJ lightweight. REALLY don't like the idea of getting nabbed for someone else's stash, though.

Patt, it sucks to be the devil's advocate in this case, cuz I know this is a serious topic, and maybe some people are reading this thread to find justification for getting hammered and driving. Not my intent. Not even trying to say that alcohol isn't dangerous. At times, I'm ready to just quit using it altogether.

Just saying that it's pretty naive IMO to think that the only acceptable use is not to use while driving. That and the 'holier than thou' of prior posts...

Eight hours bottle-to-throttle works in the cockpit, but the workload in a plane is SO much higher than most people will ever experience. How many hours should we make it for piloting a water wessel?

You say ZERO BAC, and I say <1/hour when conditions permit. For me, conditions are permitting when the lake's uncrowded, the crew's small, tunes are low (with the ghetto system, mine always are).

You're calling me a 16-year old because I'm rejecting what sounds like an 104 year-old mentality. It's not even that your position is wrong, it's just that you can't even entertain discussion on the subject. Call me adolescent because I put <1/hour in the same group as the other distractors.

For you, <1/hour is not worth the risk. Is towing on a crowded day? Is exceeding the weight capacity in the boat? Is surfing worth the risk of CO poisoning?

If you pull a rider on a crowded day, aren't you responsible for his safety? When it goes down are you gonna say, "why didn't I just say no, it's too crowded to be riding?" Or are you gonna blame the whole thing on the weekend warrior? Geez, I ain't saying go get hammered.

>BTW, I do understand that having my <1/hour at the helm IS illegal.<

Okay, now that I've scared my whole crew away...
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-01-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Derek, you are very right about towing on crowded days and co poisoning and stuff. However, my thought is this, with all the other things that can make wakeboarding dangerous, I choose not to add anymore dangers, especially ones that I can prevent. Fortunately, my family has tons of weekday hours to ride and there is no crowd, and I mean NO crowd on the river. I am not passin judgement on anybody, just hopefully passin some thoughts that might make a difference one day. Earlier I used the example about running over your own rider specificaly because I have a friend who ran over and killed his rider just after he finished the first beer and opened #2. wasn't even a wakeboard boat or boarder. Old bowrider with a tuber that fell off. Sometimes, the 104 mentallity ain't a bad thing.
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-01-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
I'm with Umali, this thread is tired.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-01-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
just my 2 cents....
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-01-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
for those that think alcohol while boating is O.K.-What I think isn't going to change your mind anyway. For those who think no alcohol is the only option-Again, what I think doesn't matter. I personally don't drink while driving a vehicle or in the boat, but that's my choice. The reasons are my own and apply only to me. This was a good thread, but I agree w/Joe. Time to Go!!