Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
I was cleaning my boat today and opened the front locker where my front ballast is located and it had like 2 inches of water in the locker. It was dry before I took her out and am not sure how the water got in there. Also I dont see a drain? Thanks in advance.
Old     (duramax_dually)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
You have PM
Old     (san_man)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-13-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
I think that is supposed to be there- mine has the same thing 05 super air
Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have the same problem in my 98 Calabria. I get water in the up front ski locker, it has a plug hole which goes into the engine compartment of a DD. Should there be water in the locker? It gets the carpet wet inside the locker.
Old     (duramax_dually)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
IMHO this should not be happening on any boat. Sure there could be water up front as the boat bilge area fills up a bit and could possibly migrate forward as boats are stopped and started with fallen boarders and such but other than that it should be dry....I would check the clamp on the ballast sack where it gets filled. As for the water accumulation, I would check the drain back tubes built into the hull that direct the water to the stern bilge area. Could be plugged and holding water up front and it sloshes around during boating activities.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
The low point for the V210 is in the locker, the boat has to be on a very steep angle before the water will drain to the back where the bilge pump is. Water gets in there from the packing gland, from wet people getting in to the boat & any ballast system leaks. There is no drain up there which is one of the few things I would change to my V210, I suck mine out with a pump after every trip, its normal for me to have 1 to 2 inchs in there.

How are you liking the boat? Got her run in yet?
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
Thanks again for all the posts I appreciate the help. I will open her up tomorrow and have a look down there. As for the boat I am loving it. So far it has 15 hours on it. Mostly tubing with a bit of pulling the last two times out. The wake is great and have only had the front ballast filled. Have not needed the fat buddies in the back yet.

If only I was better at backing it into my driveway, sometimes its a %^&$% to back it up.

Old    chris138            08-16-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
hey man do u use your built in ice chest, if u do thats it like darren said the low point is in the bow especily on the trailer,the water from the melted ice just drains into the bottom, no worries
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Yep use the chest every time out. Very convenient as well.