Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have a pair of watsons and they are starting to come apart where the sides meet the open toe area. Has anyone else had this problem and will it get worse. I bought them about two months ago and have riden them about ten times. What is the story also on bringing them back to get a new pair if it gets worse.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-05-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
really common. and it only gets worse. should be under warranty for a full year. use them as long as you can, but make sure to bring them back before a year passes.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-05-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
If I were you, I'd wait a little bit, take them back and see if you can score some 07's.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-05-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Same thing is happening to mine. They are just opening up at the toe area and I don't know if it is enough to make a warranty claim. Anyone had any luck getting replacements when the seam started to pull apart but before they fully split open?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
only 1 year? damn, you guys better hurry.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-05-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
take them back to the shop you got them. 99% chance they won't be able to replace them with 06s. they'll give you a brand new pair of 07s when they're available. my local shop is letting me keep my shanes until the 07s come out. yours should be similar.

mike,
the 1 year warranty starts from purchase date. not release.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
only 1 year though, is that typical for most companys, I haven't had to warrantee any bindings besides hyperlite and they were pretty cool about it. i would expect to have a set of bindings last two seasons or I wouldn't buy their gear again. If they fix it under warrantee then it is a huge plus for me. I guess thats because I have had to send back a lot of my gear.