Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-14-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hey Duane I was wondering if you have anything new to add to the nvs lineup this fall? I saw something about you working with alumapro for a sub but anything else? And when are you having a big winter sale so poor people like me can get replace my mastercraft tower speakers with some nvs gear?
Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-14-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
the poor guy owns a $50k mastercraft x30.
maybe we could all chip in and get him some NVS for his ride ?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-14-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
haha how about the poor guy that owns the 89 malibu! oh wait thats me.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-14-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Exactly im plum broke now, but wouldn't have it any other way
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-15-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
Duane, have you started working on quick release clamps for the 1010's yet?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
yeah Duane,what Adam said!!!
Old     (coorslight)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-15-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Might as well throw a quick release set-up for the addictions in there as well!
Old    00wakesetter            11-15-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yea what Adam said. We all know Adam needs some quick release system so we dont have to spend so much time puting thoes monsters up and taking them down.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Lack of quick release was a deal killer for me...

Flip lock clamps should be an option.
Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-15-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
hey guys,
I two complained about the time it takes to put these monsters up. I even got cute and had a set of straps that I would through over the speakers and hoist them up, then screw them in.(not a real good solution). Then Todd told me to set them on top of the tower, screw them in part ways from the bottom, and then rotate them in place and tighten DUH!!!!!!!!. This is a peice of cake. Now in order to make sure that I don't tear up the tower, I have the clamps 1/16 over sized and then glued in a strip of 1/16 rubber inside the clamps. no scrathes,no pain, and no tower flex when towing. Removal is the reverse, loosen, rotate above tower, unscrew from bottom, and lift / remove.

I think this would work better than Quick connects, because the tower is holding up the racks when your installing/ removing.

just goes to show the simplest things are right under your nose.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-15-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
it's easier for me to just hold them up, and have someone tighten them down. to do what yoru talking about would be very akward on my tower (o4 SSV) .I had to cut a #5 metric allen wrench to fit my cordless drill. I can have them screwed down in a matter of seconds......but if you overtighten a side or dont go in the right order (criss-cross) you will strip the threads. At almost a year doing this one screw hole out of 8 is almost completly "drilled out"(no threads left) I'm going ot have to re-tap the hole. It's almost worth the spider cracks on the boat to leave them up all the time then just pay to have them fixed right before you sell.
Old    swass            11-15-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Do you have to take them down every time you tow? Does everyone with NVS speakers do this? I'm not sure I could deal with that.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-15-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
I usually only remove them if I'm towing more than 70/80 miles. My current riding spot is only abotu 25 miles....I have another that is right at 70. Anything more I remove them. I also have speaker covers for them.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
All good q's.
Firstly with respect to the quick release:
I too would love to have them but I'll tell you why I don't have anything yet to offer. Simply put, a Good/Safe, I emphasize SAFE design has yet to present itself.
I honestly couldn't sleep if a chance of something coming loose/broke and then injured someone. If you have a design,let me know and I will check it out. I've said before that if I make one, I'll make one for you for free.
Regarding sales for the year end: No
Regarding something new for '06: of course! More of whay you liked, and less of what you didn't.
NVS is also going to revolutionize the "On-Boat" Wake Sport Board Rack.
Go to your local boat show for the release starting in January.
Thanks again,
D out
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
I never take mine down unless I feel the clamps are getting loose so I need to take them down and tighten the clamps.(happend a couple times)

The easiest way to take them down or put them up is when I fold my tower down(forward)the speakers sit upside down and then they rest on a certain part of the tower after loosening the bolts.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
Duane, See you at the show! Looking forward to seeing the new stuff.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 5:45 AM Reply   
Anyone have any ideas on a quick release or similar system?
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-16-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quick release? Those things are a ton I don't want to lift them on and off all the time.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Erick, it's only 35ish lbs???? My 120Lb g/f can hold it up. with a quick release one person could take on/off in seconds and not have to worry about stripping the clamps.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-16-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
Duane,
look at it this way - if you make a quick release that fails, they won't feel the pain until they wake up the next day!
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) here is a link to a quick release i made for my 1010s. over 1 1/2 years old and no problems at all. will never come down by accident.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/244501.html
Old    mendo247            11-16-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
duane- so what boat shows will you have this stuff at?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
where dio you buy the bracket? So i'm guessing it just slides out to one side. What prevents it from sliding out on its own?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
nevermind.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=85811&afsrc=1

Do you have any more pics from the top or from the side?
In order to mount the male plate of the quick release to the NVS speaker did you remove the existing top plate and replace with the quick release plate? or just screw the quick release plate into the existing NVS plate.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on November 16, 2005)

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on November 16, 2005)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-16-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
I have seen the proto wake racks duane is talking about, they give me chills. BY FAR the sickest design to date on racks.

Duane gimme a buzz, I have some exciting news, its sitting in my driveway and all mine!

Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
i removed the existing nvs top plate. I can take more pictures tomorow night.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Michale,
How do you keep the two plates from sliding out of each other? Quick release pins, or am I missing something?
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
adam, the plates allready have a 1/4-20 thumb screw to keep them together.I just drilled and taped another hole on the other side. Plus in the front there os another screw as a stop. I removed that screw and used a longer screw with a flat washer to add even more protection from fallimg down. Its easy to remove and install the 1010s.1 person, 1 minute. Also there is a slot for a padlock so you can lock the 2 halfs together. This thing will never come apart by accident and fall.Do you want some pics?.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yes, I'd like to see the pics if you have them. email them to acurtis_ttu@yahoo.com or just post up here. thanks.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-17-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Michale,

Please post for all to see. That sounds very innovative.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-18-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
I talked to Duane and he said ok so here you go.I bought 2 of the troling motor mounts and i used the front half off each of them but there is enough legnth in 1 to make 2 mounts out of it.

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-18-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
why put the front stop on there? What is the front stop made of? How is it attached? what type of washer is that? Was it necc. to cut the pieces to 6 inches in legnth, or could you cut to match factory mounting plate and re-tap a hole for the thumbscrew? Did you use only one thumscrew per pod or did you double up to be on the safe side? where did you buy the extra thumbscrews?

Great Pics, thanks alot!

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on November 18, 2005)
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       11-18-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Adam,
The front stop was already there. I just use it as more security from the quick disconnect accidentally disconecting.it attaches through the existing threaded hole that was there. If you buy one from west marine of where ever it will answer allot of your questions. It is not necessary to use it but I did. The 2 screws on the side is PROBABLY??? good enough.35 lbs coming down I didn't want to take that chance. No you can cut it as long as you want. I chose 6" because I was going to install a 3rd Raul clamp to attach it to my cross bar. The weakest link to the whole set up is the Raul clamp and I thought 3 is better then 2.I used 2 thumb screws for 2 reasons one so it doesn't rattle and second is better protection from falling down. I have traveled over 1000 miles with the speakers mounted with no problems. When I built my boat garage I made it 14' tall so now the speakers don't need to come off. Home depot has the 1/4-20 thumb screws. With the extra stop bolt in the front I used a bolt so I could use a 1/2" open end wrench on it to keep it tight. I know Duane's main concern when I showed him my idea was they accidentally disconnecting and someone getting hurt. That will never happen with the way I made mine. In fact this is better because as you know the more you disconnect and reconnect the Raul clamps the more chance you have of stripping them out. M.
Old     (coorslight)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-18-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
I like the "slide in" approach and this may work for the addictions as well... Have to see what my buddy can come up with (or Duane).
Thanks for the ideas!
Old     (coorslight)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-18-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
I like the "slide in" approach and this may work for the addictions as well... Have to see what my buddy can come up with (or Duane).
Thanks for the ideas!