Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
No wind and no other boats to screw with the water! Too bad it might be the last time of the season!
Attached Images

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
Lake powell is lookin like that some mornings too. sucks to look at that and not use it. but still beutiful and great to dream
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-12-2010, 7:26 PM Reply   
Jeremy ~~ Bitch slap to you in order! LP + glass and not using it. Get your damn slingshot and do work son!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Jeremy ~~ Bitch slap to you in order! LP + glass and not using it. Get your damn slingshot and do work son!
I would but it is super hard to find people whom to make a crew out of here even when it is warm. Everyone has winterized their boats, think it is too cold anyway reguardless of suits it seems. BUT biggest point being is that my one and only local hardcore buddies boat kinda crapped out on us the last run out 3 weeks ago.

but i suppose if it hadnt we would have stopped after this month anyway for the lack of ability/knowledge to keep the boat warm without winterizing.

If i had the finances. i would have a wake boat and some nice suits, a storage building to put the boat in to keep it warm and a couple people i would pay to be my thirds HAHAHA. that would be the solve-all
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-12-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
Jeremy ~~ Sounds like you need to find a buddie with a garage... For hell sake your in AZ. Here in UT my buddie still isn't going to Winter his boat since we have a few weeks at most to do work. Time to post up in find a 3rd and find a hard core crew in AZ. I mean your low temps right now are 35... Our high was 40 today, LOL!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
I'm less than 10 miles from UT hahaha. most of Utah and the parts i wake in are in Utah... barely. but yahh. no mountains like up north

The buddy i got now is the kind i have been lookin for since i first learned about wakeboarding (only took 10 years to find)... problem is that only makes two Local dedicated wake guys. Both of us have tried making posts and groups on this site and other sites to potentially add to our crew... nothin. Im the only Local that posts on this site regularly. sometimes it is easier to go out and thumb rides at the dock and beaches. even while i was in utah, attending BYU, thumbing rides seemed to work better... ohh well. maybe it is just me, my luck.

Im not sure if I am core enough/dedicated enough to go out when there is ice like you and several others on here, that is just crazy. I am about as dedicated to being warm and comfortable as i am with wakeboarding.

Last edited by wakerider111; 11-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-13-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
Still hitting it up near seattle. Last 2 months have been incredible. Yesterday went out until I couldn't hold on and was still nothing but glass. The water is finally cold enough to hurt your feet when you get in, but my drysuit has feet so no worries. BTW, unless there is ice, you can go out. I usually wear my downhill skiing gear under my drysuit and am nothing but warm and comfortable.

The usual ridiculous conditions

Winter gear

my 6 y/o

Last edited by Bakes; 11-13-2010 at 4:27 PM. Reason: get pics
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-13-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=Bakes;1645891]Still hitting it up near seattle. Last 2 months have been incredible. Yesterday went out until I couldn't hold on and was still nothing but glass. The water is finally cold enough to hurt your feet when you get in, but my drysuit has feet so no worries. BTW, unless there is ice, you can go out. I usually wear my downhill skiing gear under my drysuit and am nothing but warm and comfortable.

Winter gear

Winter gear and my best "Blue Steel"

Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-15-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-15-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
@Bakes - The last two months in Seattle have been awesome. We've had better weather in November than we did in July (remember July 4th? Ugh). Wednesday and Friday were perfect glass. The sun was out so 39F air didn't even feel that cold. The water temp in Lake WA is still pretty warm.